PDA

View Full Version : Psu going ungodly slow during primetime because of MMHell?

Exano
2004-05-22, 07:32 PM
Just somthing ive noticed, during primetime its almost impossible to surf the site it goes so slow after this new switch

Hamma
2004-05-22, 07:44 PM
It's the advertisments that sometimes don't load for some reason, when this occours the site appears to be slow. It isnt the site, its the adverts. I will be checking in on this as soon as possible to try and resolve it.

martyr
2004-05-22, 08:10 PM
fyrn said he's got a cron job that's running out of control and overwhelms the server and plays a little havoc with the routing; doesn't appear to affect europe.

BlackHawk
2004-06-01, 04:01 PM
Site doesn't run slow for me, but it's very rare that it will load up at all at my house. Usually stops loading after Spybot blocks two instances of "Avenue A" :(

Rbstr
2004-06-05, 07:33 PM
yeah sometimes PSU has a slowdown when loding a page du to the add's but mostly its fine. Only happend once today, a refresh did the trick

Fyrn
2004-07-02, 01:54 AM
Mostly that is a problem with third party adservers. If they screw up, we can't do anything about it. The range of problems that could cause this is so wide that it's not even worth investigating where the problem is because it's gone within minutes for the most part. If the adservers slow down PSU, they also slow down all of GamersHell.com and MMHell.com, hence pissing off hundreds of thousands of people, so you can bet it's being fixed fast :]