PDA

View Full Version : Wahooo! Beta!

Ir0nRaven
2002-11-01, 06:22 PM
Ir0nRaven,

Thank you for completing the PlanetSide[R] Beta Application. We greatly appreciate your interest in helping us test our product. We will be evaluating your beta application based on a number of factors, including prior gaming experience.

If we accept you into the Beta, we will send you another email with further instructions and all of the information necessary for you to acquire the Beta CD.

Please note that you will only receive an email if you are accepted. You do not have to reapply for a chance to participate in future phases of beta; you will automatically be considered and notified by email if you are selected for any given phase.

We are very excited to be entering this phase of PlanetSide[R] development, and once again we thank you for your interest in being a PlanetSide beta tester.

Sincerely,

-The Planetside[R] Team
Sony Online Entertainment

P.S. Don't forget to stay abreast of the latest news, screenshots, and information on the game by visiting the official website at http://planetside.station.sony.com!

** This is an automated email. Please do not reply to this email. Instead, use the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of http://planetside.station.sony.com **

Unregistered
2002-11-01, 06:32 PM
Mines In :)

Valmont
2002-11-02, 12:08 PM
how long did it take for you guys to get a reply?

Hamma
2002-11-02, 12:09 PM
Just a few minutes

Unregistered
2002-11-02, 12:12 PM
I didn't get the e-mail with the code in it like it said I would so I clicked the little link that said "Click here if you didn't recieve an e-mail with your code" then I put in my e-mail hit submit and bang It came.

If you didn't get the e-mail already I'd suggest you concider starting over and then look for the link to get the e-mail sent to you when your on that "enter your code" page.

Valmont
2002-11-02, 12:20 PM
alright, thanks
I'll try to figure out what's going on

Hamma
2002-11-02, 12:24 PM
I posted about this thread on the front page, if anyone has problems please post here, Im sure your not alone :)

Chopit
2002-11-02, 02:56 PM
I'm still waiting. It's only been a few hours. I did hit the link a few times to try to have the code resent to my email. However, no such luck as I still have no confirmation code. So, either the site is just too busy, the automatic email is broken, or they just don't send automatic emails on weekends...lol. Either way, I'm left to "chill" with the rest of those that can't sign-up and wait to see what happens.

Best of luck to everyone!

- Chopit

Noxx
2002-11-02, 03:34 PM
im codeless

Hamma
2002-11-02, 03:54 PM
I wouldent worry too much, whatever the problem is I am sure they are working on it. Plus, its not first come first serve..

Chopit
2002-11-02, 04:04 PM
Keep trying to get your confirmation code during different times of the day...

I just clicked the email link again to ask for my confirmation code and I, finally, received it and completed the Beta application. So, even though you may have tried numerous times earlier...don't give up as it went through fine for me this last time (about 3 hours after my first request).

Best of luck, everyone!

~ Chopit

Jarvis
2002-11-02, 06:18 PM
Whenever i put in my station name or password that i registered at the site. It would say that it couldnt find my name. So i put in my e-mail and it said that it would send my station name and pw. 2 days later.........nofin. HELP!:p

RandoM
2002-11-02, 06:55 PM
im not 18... comp cant play it anyway
so im SOL

Sigellius
2002-11-03, 05:57 AM
I note that you got a "we've received your application" email; how long did *that* take to arrive? After you clicked submit on the beta questionaire (second step), were you taken to a page saying something like "now wait for another email"?

I have filled out all the fields of the questionaire, clicked submit, and been redirected to the questionaire again; no email received, in roughly 12 hours now.

Oh, I see now; there's a character/word-limit on the "why I'm great" field. It's not specified, however.

Doh.

stick100
2002-11-03, 09:38 AM
I'm on about 2nd day with no reply :(, I've tried 5 different email addresses around 10 times apiece at all times of the day, so anyone else whose feeling left out I'm right there with ya.

Validuz
2002-11-03, 09:48 AM
overusing ";" =)

NapalmEnima
2002-11-03, 11:22 AM
...right away. 2 seconds-ish.

On the down side, I don't have the required 512MB of ram (which is a rediculous amount of memory to require), so I'm probably SOL too. That, despite having a hugely overqualified CPU and graphics card (2.23 ghz p4 and a GF4 TI 4600... I like to brag).

Fooey. I guess I'll see, but I'm probably toast. Still have the fingers crossed though.

Hamma
2002-11-03, 11:44 AM
Yea they have stated they will be pretty solid on those sysreq's. Also if all else fails, and you have tried every solution you see on the forum you can email [email protected] with your problems, they are trying to work through all the issues.

Meckon
2002-11-04, 04:05 AM
no confirmation

Hamma
2002-11-04, 07:26 AM
Hopefully we will be hearing more from sony today on signup issues

stick100
2002-11-04, 04:43 PM
Could someone who has recieved a confirmation code message please post exactly who is was from and what the topic was, so that I will be less stressed as I delete e-mail.

Valmont
2002-11-04, 04:58 PM
Subject: Planetside[R] Beta Application: Step 1 complete