PDA

View Full Version : Noooooooooo!

Pecos_Bill
2002-11-12, 10:35 AM
Dammit.

I followed the game religiously back when it actually had it's own official Station forum. Saw the beta signup in an email dated yesturday and it's already too late to join! Back In The Day, there were hints that longtime forum members would likely be invited to the beta, but I wonder if that went out the door with the forum itself?

Meh.

I feel safe in saying I'm in certain other MMOG betas, and the more I see of them, the more I look forward to Planetside. Mmm, massive PvP in a FPS format with vehicles? If they have figured out how to deal with lag, then this game should be sweet.

(That is, having the entire server farm in California like they do with EQ would suck in a lag-dependent FPS. Unless you live in California.)

Hamma
2002-11-12, 10:38 AM
That probably went out with the old forums heh, I've talked to a few people that followed the game a long time ago. And ended up missing the beta signup :( It was a short signup period.

�io
2002-11-12, 10:43 AM
Well they only needed 1k peeps.

Enkidu
2002-11-12, 11:52 AM
I know what you mean. I followed it for a short time back when the old forums were up. Maybe with the community for about a month at the most before they closed them. After that I thought that PS was dead becasue there was NO updates for a long time. It was just by chance that I came back and visited the offical site the day they launched the beta ap.

Flashingfish
2002-11-12, 12:05 PM
Still a chance to get into open beta.

RocketFodder
2002-11-12, 12:18 PM
I remember Pecos_bill :o

LoRdNiKoN
2002-11-12, 12:37 PM
Yeah there was a hint along time ago in the PS forums that long time members would get first crack at beta... but that was mostly hype by forum members i dont remember anywhere a dev or anyone on the ps team stating it... Sucks they took out the forums but luckily i just put the ps site as my main site just in case something like what they did with beta would happen... it looks like around 5000 people or so signed up for beta so 1/5 chance in getting in doesnt sound to bad...

Tobias
2002-11-12, 01:36 PM
If all the servers are in Cali then you would move there because of your love of the game (or state, i was born there andplan to move back some time anywho MWHAHAHA) And, if you lack the dedication to move to a new state, or even country, over a simple game tehn you are not obbsesive enough.

NapalmEnima
2002-11-12, 02:59 PM
And, if you lack the dedication to move to a new state, or even country, over a simple game tehn you are not obbsesive enough.

Dude. They need to up your dosage. A lot.

xuur
2002-11-12, 03:19 PM
Im in Cali and it sure as hell didnt help me get into the beta.

hells bells, Im even in san diego and it didnt help. guess I'll have to apply for a job there and get in that way.

uh huh....not

Airlift
2002-11-12, 03:24 PM
Os so the Germans would have you believe. ;)

Pecos_Bill
2002-11-12, 03:34 PM
Upon further review, it's actually rather funny.

The beta signup was apparently open for a week? Stopped on the 8th?

I heard about it from the "Station Insider - November Issue", which had a link to "sign up for the beta!"

They sent that out on the 11th. After the beta sign was over.

Pfft. That was the whole reason I signed up to that damn newsletter: so I'd hear about beta signups!

Enkidu
2002-11-12, 04:15 PM
lol

Thats pretty sad on SOE part.

Unregistered
2002-11-12, 04:50 PM
Makes you wonder about all the people that said they heard about the beta in the news letter.

(it was an option in the poll at the official site)

Hamma
2002-11-12, 05:11 PM
oops.. bad call on SOE's part heh.

Those people probably got eliminated in the first round of choosing lol

CrazyMike
2002-11-12, 07:34 PM
Heya Pecos.. good to see ya around the community again. Sorry to hear you missed out on beta signups. :P

CrazyMike

OoACoO
2002-11-12, 09:25 PM
Poor Bill. :(

Good to see you back though, I remember you from way back when.

TreizeAtreides
2002-11-12, 10:46 PM
Pecod_Bill, long time no see. Glad to see you found the community again, you always did have some of the most interesting post. Tobad you missed the beta sign-ups :/

Pecos_Bill
2002-11-13, 09:23 AM
Yeah, I pretty much stopped following the game when they took down the official forum. Between that and the total lack of information on Sovereign, I thought Verant might have actually canned the whole spiel in the name of focusing on SWG.

Still, glad to see it's not dead. I'm getting tired of all these damn WW2 FPS's. There's only so many times in so many games I can stand to storm the same beach.

On the bright side, X-Box Live comes out Friday! Guess if I won't be shooting people in a PS beta, I can at least go blow up some mechs.