PDA

View Full Version : Hamma's interview Massively.com

Gogita
2011-02-15, 02:35 PM
http://massively.joystiq.com/2011/02/15/the-game-archaeologist-goes-planetside-the-fansite/

Nice short interview :)
It's great to know that massively.com has been paying attention to Planetside Next lately ^^ Maybe it will make more people curious about the game

Valverde
2011-02-15, 02:38 PM
That was a good article.

Bags
2011-02-15, 02:41 PM
Third person view is a cheeseball tactic? Mmmk. Cool interview non-theless.

TheRagingGerbil
2011-02-15, 02:53 PM
Traffic be a coming now!

I SandRock
2011-02-15, 02:55 PM
Better marketing than SOE ever did for the game ;)

Hamma
2011-02-15, 03:11 PM
Thanks Guys!

And yes, using 3rd person to peak around every wall and see who is coming is a cheeseball tactic to me. :P

Ghryphen
2011-02-15, 03:15 PM
Third person view is a cheeseball tactic? Mmmk. Cool interview non-theless.
You are such a downer man. Can't people have their own opinions/ideas without you feeling like it's an assault on you?

Valverde
2011-02-15, 03:17 PM
That is why it is called a "Cheeseball Tactic" lol.

Raymac
2011-02-15, 03:20 PM
Well done. I don't know about all those pics of the stupid Christmas hats, but nice conscise interview.

Canaris
2011-02-15, 03:27 PM
great article

DviddLeff
2011-02-15, 03:41 PM
Isn't it always Christmas on Auraxis?

MgFalcon
2011-02-15, 04:14 PM
"What's been the best addition or change to the game since you've been playing it? The worst?

'I'll start with the worst because everyone reading this who played PlanetSide already knows the answer.'"

Best part of the interview. :)

Sirisian
2011-02-15, 05:53 PM
"What's been the best addition or change to the game since you've been playing it? The worst?

'I'll start with the worst because everyone reading this who played PlanetSide already knows the answer.'"

Best part of the interview. :)
I found that part off putting. They were balanced later on and were a fun addition to the game in the long run, but the first addition when they were "solo pwn machines" kind of scarred their reputation.

Good interview. I liked the ending since it's the same explanation most people give about why Planetside is fun.

Furret
2011-02-15, 07:05 PM
I feel like this is the point where someone should say:
"Someone needs to write out a good, quick way to describe PlanetSide to newcomers."

Except I'm of the opinion that its impossible to do so.

Hamma
2011-02-15, 07:50 PM
I agree, I spent a bunch of time thinking about that it was probably one of the harder questions to answer.

Sifer2
2011-02-15, 11:14 PM
I found that part off putting. They were balanced later on and were a fun addition to the game in the long run, but the first addition when they were "solo pwn machines" kind of scarred their reputation.

Good interview. I liked the ending since it's the same explanation most people give about why Planetside is fun.

Maybe so but it deserves to be mentioned cause its probably the biggest mistake they made. An by mentioning it again hopefully SOE wont forget it an ever add something like that again.

I SandRock
2011-02-16, 04:02 AM
I feel like this is the point where someone should say:
"Someone needs to write out a good, quick way to describe PlanetSide to newcomers."

Except I'm of the opinion that its impossible to do so.

I agree, I spent a bunch of time thinking about that it was probably one of the harder questions to answer.

It IS impossible. When I tried to describe planetside to my friends on another forum a few weeks ago I ended up writing two posts full of texts and then thought there was no point in continuing (oh i could) because nobody would read so much text anyway :p

Grimster
2011-02-16, 05:20 AM
Nice interview. I hope the hype about Planetside:Next soon starts to build up beyond the PS community. :)