PDA

View Full Version : PSN - Player/Outfit Stats

Miir
2011-03-03, 11:10 AM
How would you like player/outfit stats to be handled this time around

On the player side I'd like to see kill/death ratio coming into play.

On the outfit side I'd like to see it changed so a smaller outfit could compete with a Zergfit. Perhaps something that looked at total points vs. size.

Traak
2011-03-03, 11:30 AM
How about make your outfit points travel with you wherever you go. That might motivate outfit leaders to be less draconian in their practices.

DviddLeff
2011-03-03, 12:01 PM
As an outfit leader I always wanted more tools, in fact its out of those ideas that my upgrade project started in the first place.

At the simplest level I would like players to be able to apply to outfits without having to track down their leaders. I would also like players to be able to see how active an outfit is without having to be a member, as well as rank them so. Outfit leaders should be able to see their players BR and CR, their join date, average play times and outfit point per hour rate.

For more details on my vision for outfits check out this link:
https://sites.google.com/site/planetsideupgradeproject/phase-2/outfit-overhaul

Timantium
2011-03-03, 01:35 PM
We had an interesting discussion about this a while back, I don't recall exactly what the thread was called though. The idea I had to keep outfit points competitive was like so:

Offer bonus modifiers to outfit point contributions for outfits that have high activity. The percentage of players who log in and get a kill/assist or ___ time count towards the outfit roll call for that day. Each outfit has their roll call tabulated daily and that is averaged over a period of time, a month a week, 6 weeks, whatever term they decide.

Each time a new term starts, the modifiers from the previous term's roll call average are applied to the various outfits. The modifier could apply to the next term or we could make it retroactive to apply to the term they had good/poor attendance.

Outfits with 90-100 percent attendance receives regular outfit points x 3
Outfits with 65-89 percent receive x 2 outfit points.
Outfits with 45-64 percent on roll call have no bonus or penalty modifier.
Outfits with 25-44 percent receive 1/2 their outfit points (a 50 percent penalty)
Outfits with 1-24 percent receive 1/3 their outfit points (a 66 percent penalty).

Also, an outfit would have to refund half of a player's total (career) contributed outfit points if they are kicked. This would keep outfits from kicking and reinviting people for the roll call.

As for the individual stats, I like the achievement system currently in place. The flags on the shoulders work for me. I don't really care about comparing BEP gained or kills, etc. on a server wide poll. I want the animated continent map that replays the action though. I did enjoy the "yesterday's winner on (server)" annoucement on login as well.