PDA

View Full Version : re-release

krnasaur
2011-03-09, 09:27 PM
I had this wonderful idea. (I think somewhere SOE alluded to this but don't quote me) How happy would you be If PS just re-released planetside with a new engine, upgraded graphics, perfect balancing, and eliminate the glitches. With all the familiar vechs (maybe some new ones too boot), Mostly the same weapons, and maybe just a new BR/CR system (prevent the whole 1man army issue that is going on now). Battlefield-wise Would all be the same conts. bases could do with a revamp/upgrade.

Overall, like a good 75% of the game would be the same, just change what drove people away the first time.

Baneblade
2011-03-09, 10:00 PM
It wouldn't be PlanetSide if it had a new engine, upgraded graphics, perfect balancing, and no glitches.

Lonehunter
2011-03-09, 10:03 PM
Well said Sobe

and where do these percentage choices come from? lol

Rbstr
2011-03-09, 10:26 PM
And what makes up what percentage?

I want the empires, equipment and weapons, the vehicles, the scale...but darn near everything about the actual combat mechanics to change.

Is that .1%....or 75%?

Bags
2011-03-09, 10:38 PM
At least 75%. I'd probably be happier with 90%+ (obviously including balancing!), but I'd take 75%.

Balance what works now, fix/remove what doesn't, add some new features, new engine, bam.

krnasaur
2011-03-09, 10:43 PM
Percentages came from 1/8, 2/8, 3/8, 4/8 etc.

And what I meant was similarity to the original planetside. When you logged on PS:N how much would you recognize from PS

Sirisian
2011-03-09, 10:55 PM
I'd say 90% since I want all of the empire vehicles and weapons, but I'm open for change. Not everything in the old game was perfect and things like base design and terrain complexity need an overhaul, but should the continents (I don't like the planet thing) still all be there in their iconic way? Yes. I'd be saddened if we saw all new continent names and base names. The locations could change and the map could change, but I'd like the feel nostalgia stepping in and go "omg look what they did to X base, it now has Y!".

Bags
2011-03-09, 11:28 PM
Yeah, I liked the old base names how they all had themes:

Norse Myth
Egyptian Myth on solsar
etc

Aractain
2011-03-09, 11:33 PM
I want 70% of the red but none of the blue!

Everybody wants different stuff... I mean lets say everyone wants 50% of planetside to stay, what would comprise that 50%?

I just hope they don't fail like before.

Hamma
2011-03-10, 04:42 PM
Perfect balance is an impossibility :lol:

People will forever complain their empire sucks.

Raymac
2011-03-10, 06:18 PM
I'd like to see the things that are recognizable about Planetside like the weapons and vehicles (with upgraded graphics as we've seen), but I'd really like them to revamp the setting. I'd love to have them completely redo the continents and bases, add in new grades of buildings so it's not just bases and towers, and ideally put the bases and other buildings in strategic positions. Right now, some bases (and most of the towers) just seem totally random. It's like the landscape came first and the bases second. I'd like to see them designed together.

krnasaur
2011-03-10, 06:52 PM
I want all the bases to remain the same, I want that nostalgic feeling

Edit: I meant base and cont names, base redesign is welcome