PDA

View Full Version : The Map And Location

LordReaver
2011-03-26, 01:48 AM
Topic: Things of, or relating to the map or location based things.

Firstly, I would like the map to be three-dimensional, that the view can be rotated and in the manner of Google Earth, and that it represents basic structures and forests better. Doesn't have to be super attractive, but enough to get it done. I would also love me some topographic views.

With that in place, I want squad leaders to have the ability to make a breadcrumb trail visible to all squad mates. Something little and non-intrusive to say "This is the route I desire you to take" that is visible both on the map and outside of it. Then allow me to dictate the altitude of said trail and waypoints. I assume I don't need to explain why that is useful.

I would like to see the SOI expanded upon. I do not mean just a bigger circle. I'm thinking more of a merger with the tactical map. Where the presence of the bulk of the military or whatever determines how far out it goes. Or little "state territories" that act kind of like like mini conts. I don't really have much in deep ideas for this yet, but I do notice that it is completely underdeveloped the way it is. All this so called "sphere of influence" does it let you broadcast, and stop enemy hot droppers. It doesn't even stop enemy CE anymore. So I think SOIs need some lovin'.

DviddLeff
2011-03-26, 03:48 AM
Great ideas.

JreaperT
2011-03-26, 09:56 AM
Awesome, i love the idea of a topographic 3d map to be able to better plan assaults. I know right now its mostly experiance to know when you'll find surrounding area X, but this would be simply cool!!!

krnasaur
2011-03-26, 11:38 AM
yes, a better way to show geographical formations. Thank you, wonderful ideas

basti
2011-03-26, 11:55 AM
DO WANT!

Awesome idea with the 3D map.

crunchBWZ
2011-03-26, 06:18 PM
how about a map that seamlessly transitions to your first person view?
YouTube - Infinity Game Engine Demo

Sirisian
2011-03-26, 09:46 PM
how about a map that seamlessly transitions to your first person view?
I'd prefer that over anything else really.

TRex
2011-03-27, 04:40 AM
Watching that demo above , I thought wouldn't it be such a nice touch if say , you were on ceryshen , and the saturn type planet in the demo was forseral , and you could see flashes of explosions and traser fire at night going on on the other planet.

Peacemaker
2011-03-27, 06:09 AM
Im loving the OP ideas. Paths and 3d maps. Little stuff like this would make it oh so nice.