0 Standard Battlesuit
2 -Agile Battlesuit
1 --Elite Battlesuit
2 -Infiltrator Battlesuit
2 --Assassin Battlesuit
3 -Assault Battlesuit
2 --Advanced Battlesuit
4 ---MAX Battleframe Robosuit

Now without any explanation at all, the above looks rather like a nerf. However more detail is needed.

Standard Battlesuit - 9x9 inventory, 2 pistol, 1 small rifle slot, 100 armor (old agile), 100% speed
Agile Battlesuit - 9x6 inventory, 2 pistol, 1 small rifle slot, 100 armor, 120% speed
Elite Battlesuit - 9x9 inventory, 2 pistol, 1 small rifle slot, 150 armor, 130% speed
Infiltrator Battlesuit - 6x6 inventory, 1 pistol, 0 rifle slots, 0 armor, 150% speed, cloaks
Assassin Battlesuit - 6x9 inventory, 2 pistol, 0 rifle slots, 0 armor, 160% speed, cloaks
Assault Battlesuit - 9x12 inventory, 2 pistol, 1 large rifle slot, 1 small rifle slot, 200 armor, 85% speed
Advanced Battlesuit - 12x12 inventory, 2 pistol, 2 large rifle slots, 250 armor, 75% speed
MAX Battleframe Robosuit - 16x16 inventory, 0 pistol, 2 Battleframe weapon mounts, 1000 armor (very high absorption, but follows infantry armor rules), 50% speed (200% speed in Run Mode)

The new MAX would be a hybrid of the old MAX and BFR concepts. The special abilities would be more appropriate for the empire style:

NC: Overcharge - straight damage buff at cost of hp and armor dots (similar to plasma effect)
TR: Barrage - double RoF till the loaded clip is fully depleted (reloading ends effect)
VS: Ablation - Damage taken reduced 50%, but cannot reload until ability is turned off.

The weapons would be the BFR style weapons, with appropriate changes.

DviddLeff
2011-04-02, 03:33 AM
I fully support the idea that Standard and Agile should have small "carbine" sized weapon holsters, and that MAX armour should take damage like other infantry.

However I worry that the Elite, Assassin and Assault suits are essentially better than the prerequisite armour class, and as they cost more cert points reward more experienced players.

Regarding the MAX ability changes, I like the current ones; they play perfectly on the empires technology preferences.

In my eyes (and in my Infantry Armour Overhaul (http://sites.google.com/site/planetsideupgradeproject/phase-2/infantry-armour-overhaul)) each suit should have a very clear role to play, keeping it simple while also increasing the certification point cost to encourage players to focus on one play style.

wildcat140679
2011-04-02, 04:11 AM
NC: Overcharge - straight damage buff at cost of hp and armor dots (similar to plasma effect)
TR: Barrage - double RoF till the loaded clip is fully depleted (reloading ends effect)
VS: Ablation - Damage taken reduced 50%, but cannot reload until ability is turned off.

Why do I get the feeling you play TR when I look at MAX specials?

I'd agree with DviddLeff comments, as with most of his visions on Planetside upgrade project site

TRex
2011-04-02, 06:40 AM
Disagree on the infiltrator having same armour as an agile , I loled at that tbh.

And as for the max/bfr type thing ..I'd go for that as long as their is a height restriction on all doorways and they have to remain outside. Period.

Robert089
2011-04-02, 08:28 AM
Why do I get the feeling you play TR when I look at MAX specials?

He plays NC.

Baneblade
2011-04-02, 09:09 AM
Disagree on the infiltrator having same armour as an agile , I loled at that tbh.

I loled at you.

And as for the max/bfr type thing ..I'd go for that as long as their is a height restriction on all doorways and they have to remain outside. Period.

Why exactly? There will be less MAXes, relatively easier to kill MAXes, and higher cost MAXes with this iteration. As opposed to needing AV or AP ammo and luck now.

Rbstr
2011-04-02, 02:21 PM
I don't really feel like there's a need for "elite" suits that are simply better than the base varieties. Now if they had some interesting features besides "better" if could be neat.

I want MAX running gone and replaced with ability to transport them in vehicles more effectively. I also think that they should remain single-target, so they still only get to have one of AV/AI/AA at any given time, with the ability to swap it out at a terminal. I agree that they should have infantry damage models...it'd be neat if AP ammo was balanced such that it could put the hurt to the dude inside the max fairly well.

Here's what my set of suits would look like:
Pilot(free with pilot certs) - 1 Pistol, 1 Short Rifle, 100 armor, 9x6, 110% movement
Standard (0) - 2 pistol, 1 short, 1 long, 150 armor, 9x12, 100% movement
Agile (2) - 2 Pistol, 1 long, 125 armor, 9x9 115%
Reinforced (2) - 2 pistol, 1 short, 1 long, 200 armor, 9x12, 90%
Infiltrator (2) - 2 pistol, 0 armor, 6x8, 115%

Fairly vanilla stuff there. The idea is that agile and rexo are based off of the standard suit but specialized on an area. Standard would likely be the most common...makes sense with the name, yeah?
Note, I'm letting Agile still carry an HA or AV...I feel that's ok when they're not piloting and they're still quite more vulnerable than rexo in a fire fight (I'd also have the sniper rifle be long still).
I'd make the deci (or other LAW-ish disposable AV weapon) be short-slot sized. It'll be far less effective than the "real" AV weapons but pull anti-max duty in a pinch for a Rexo that's using a big gun.

For advanced suits, why not try "role bonus" type stuff. I'd say 1 cp per special suit...because they're more of extensions to the other suits. Some hastily formed examples:
Commando Suit (agile)- For behind the lines and surprise assaults. Gives up agile speed for longer term carrying capacity and radar stealth.
2 pistol, 1 long, 125 armor, 9x12, 100% speed, invisible to radar.
Combat Engineer Armor (agile) - For Medics or Engineers: Glue gun and a real gun!
2 pistol, 2 short, 175 armor, 9x12, 110%, bonus to healing/repair amount.
Shock Trooper Armor (rexo)- Intended to go head to head with enemy infantry indoors it loses versatility but gains grunt-crunching power. Might be MAX meat.
2 pistol, 1 long, 225 armor, 9x12, 90%, additional bullet absorption. (10% AI damage bonus?)
ect.

Firefly
2011-04-02, 02:35 PM
1) Again (from another thread on the same subject), I look at the MAX unit akin to Battletech's Elemental/Battle Armour.

2) MAX should take infantry weapon damage, but it should be scaled in line with the fact that it's heavier armour than Rexo.

3) Infiltrators should remain how they are. I'm perfectly fine with them, as a "lifelong" Planetside cloaker. They don't need an agile-scaled Infiltrator suit.

4) It seems like a weapon as big as the MCG (and ergo others of its scale) should use some sort of heavy support mechanism - your average Joe would need to be a hulking Schwarzenegger/Ventura to run around in combat with it. You don't see modern-day soldiers walking around with a fifty-cal using it like they're Roadblock from GI Joe. I think Heavy Assault weapons should require something like Rexo, which I imagine as having strength-enhancing framework in the armour.