PDA

View Full Version : Macros

LordReaver
2011-04-08, 08:07 AM
Let's face it, when it comes to custom macros, the system is terrible. Yet, we have a wonderful voice macro system. I propose a new group be added to the macro list labled "Custom" with "C" for it shortcut after "V" is pressed. This should allow for a bigger list and a smaller HUD. For clarity, I do not mean adding our own voices. It would still be text.

What else is needed, is the ability to go back and edit the custom macros. currently you just have to remember what the macro says, and it only displays three letters to give you a hint.

The ability to call for deployments of certain vehicles or equipment by the default voices would be cool also. "Deploy an AMS!" "Deploy a minefield!"

Diddy Mao
2011-04-08, 08:27 AM
I always saw and thought that the macro system was archaic, as opposed to Final Fantasy XI, World of Warcraft and so forth. But the voice macros were genius they had quick tactical use for people "Not in vent with you" but also was a little bit of fun and communication humor with fellow empire players or opposing players even. Nothing beat V-S-A-M, because the Medical Facilities were a severe threat!!!

The voice macros were good but should have been expanded to cover more of the needs based on the specialty of your certs choices. But I feel as if the customization might be too hard on the server load, I say this with the logic that if I made a custom macro it's saved for me but nobody else has it they'd have to download(buffer it) automatically from server. It seems like it'd be a extra and unnecessary strain (I could be wrong but I remember this was the problem when we all wanted our own Logo's for our outfits) on the latency of the game.

LordReaver
2011-04-08, 08:43 AM
I don't mean our own voice macros, it would just be text. I just think it should be combined into the V system.

Lonehunter
2011-04-08, 12:30 PM
I do love the voicemacro system, but I would also love to see a more in depth text version. Like We Need A ____ (every vehicle, support cert, etc.)

Redshift
2011-04-09, 03:07 AM
i just hope they think about some of them better

"good shot"
"i owe you one"

CutterJohn
2011-04-09, 10:55 AM
I think two things could help tremendously with voice/coms in the game.

1. Context sensitive macros, rather similar to the Battlefield spot button.

2. Feedback for those that hear the macro, placing a notification of some sort on their hud.

Examples of context sensitive..

When pointing at a door, or main computer, announce 'Hack this door/console/etc!' and highlight the location of the spot on the minimap and/or 3d hud(a hud icon showing you its position on the main screen, even through walls) to people with a REK equipped.

When pointing at a weapon terminal, 'Hack this terminal!', and displays the position of the terminal to people with adv hacking and a rek.

When pointing at a dead body 'Need a revive here!', displays corpse position to people with adv med and a med tool

When pointing at an aircraft 'Incoming Reaver/Mosquito/etc'. Not sure what to display here. A full on BF2 style spot is probably too much, but some indication of direction or general area is necessary. Perhaps it is just a direction indicator for random people that hear it, but a better indication, such as on the minimap and map, for people in squad/same vehicle.

When pointing at a friendly vehicle with an open passenger spot - 'Need a ride!' and puts you on the drivers minimap/3d hud.

For the normal VVV voice macros, context would also be a help.

'Need ammo!' - Checks the ammo your current gun needs. If someone nearby has more than one box, they will hear the request, and see an icon. They can then point at you, click the context button, and it will give you 1 box of ammo. Functions as a simple notification while in a vehicle.

'Need repairs/medic!' - Puts you on the map for engies/medics nearby, if they have tools. Also now works while dead, showing you to advanced medics(and is the only thing you can do).

One other thing for the people driving and gunning.. Gunners can press WASD to put an arrow on the drivers hud, as a quick and dirty movement suggestion. Space bar alerts them that you want them to stop. Mashing the keys repeatedly makes the indicators blink, indicating its serious.

Drivers can likewise press the same keys to suggest the gunner focus in a particular direction.

Hell I'd use those even if I had voice coms with the other person in the vehicle.