PDA

View Full Version : Empires

Ir0nman
2002-11-14, 06:55 PM
alright, I was just wondering how many tobias's there were out there, who thinks Vanu will dominate all! . (not trying to sound mean Tobias, just curious):D

afex
2002-11-14, 07:03 PM
i'm fine with empire rivalry, but the out and out rediculousness people are showing right now is depressing.

the game isn't even out yet and we have people swearing to themselves the victory of the empire they plan on joining.

its pretty sad really. i plan on joining TR when i get the game, but that doens't mean i'm going to shout to the hills that we will dominate all. its annoying and pointless.

Lt AntiSmile
2002-11-14, 07:05 PM
Fear...
leads to anger...
anger...
leads to H8...
Hate..
leads to suffering..

We are currently on hate,
and your suffering, so your a step ahead,
Get back in line!!

:D

(p.s. Oh, btw, yes Vanu will dominate :D)

Unregistered
2002-11-14, 07:30 PM
Is that the Halebob comet I hear? Time for the Vanu to head back to the mothership I guess.

:D

Hamma
2002-11-14, 07:41 PM
TEH VANU IS A CULT!!!

:rofl:

Lexington_Steele
2002-11-15, 12:52 AM
Originally posted by afex
its pretty sad really. i plan on joining TR when i get the game, but that doens't mean i'm going to shout to the hills that we will dominate all. its annoying and pointless.

They are just excited about a game and are getting into it. You think it is sad that they are that excited about Planetside?

Are you someone who goes to watch you favorite sports team and remain silent the whole game. If you are, thats fine, but do you give hardcore sports fans shit about routing for their team?

afex
2002-11-15, 01:02 AM
Originally posted by Lexington_Steele
Are you someone who goes to watch you favorite sports team and remain silent the whole game. If you are, thats fine, but do you give hardcore sports fans shit about routing for their team?

that analogy is bunk b/c it doesn't apply. the game isn't out yet.

an accurate analogy would be going in peoples faces and saying how much the latest expansion team is going to own before they ever play their first game. its dumb and annoying.

Lexington_Steele
2002-11-15, 01:41 AM
that analogy is bunk b/c it doesn't apply. the game isn't out yet.

an accurate analogy would be going in peoples faces and saying how much the latest expansion team is going to own before they ever play their first game. its dumb and annoying.

If they annoy you so much, put them on ignore or don't read their posts. You don't need to call them sad.

God forbid that somes should show their excitemnt about Planetside.

(BTW If you want an expansion team example. I am sure the Houston Texans had die hard fans, before their season even started. I am also sure that the people from Houston were talking mad shit to the people from Dallas. And guess what, Dallas lost to the new expansion team.)

afex
2002-11-15, 01:50 AM
(BTW If you want an expansion team example. I am sure the Houston Texans had die hard fans, before their season even started. I am also sure that the people from Houston were talking mad shit to the people from Dallas. And guess what, Dallas lost to the new expansion team.)

and yet that STILL has nothing to do with how annoying those fans were

Mtx
2002-11-15, 02:33 AM
Houston... Dallas... bah.

Lexington_Steele
2002-11-15, 02:45 AM
and yet that STILL has nothing to do with how annoying those fans were
It was a matter of friendly competition between fans. I am sure the Dallas fans enjoyed the shit talking(until dallas lost). It is how they enjoy their game. I apollogise if they do not enjoy football in the Afex aproved way.

Hamma
2002-11-15, 07:01 AM
Stop the h8!

I think some of these guys are a bit extreme. But I am happy they are excited about this game :D

Tobias
2002-11-15, 10:48 AM
It wont take a few days.

*ps i was the 5th one to vote where i was told i should vote*

**PSS I lived in houston when the Texans were coming and most of us were die hard cowboy fans, im not but i dont like football, the cowboys are a good team though, and were pissed our tax dallors had to go to buidling a new stadium when we already have that fookin HUGE astrodom, i mean are those fookers greedy or what?!

And we are not a cult, we a group of people with like minded religious beliefs, and the mother ship is already here, we are gathering as many as we can before the worm hole close's

Airlift
2002-11-15, 12:44 PM
I voted for all the options because it was allowed.

Qanamil_Rafiki
2002-11-15, 12:57 PM
I think it's all in jest... I mean yeah, they're getting into it... but I doubt any of the people on this board would yell "Vanu pride!" to you in person.

Well... other than for the simple fact that it would annoy you.

Hamma
2002-11-15, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by Airlift
I voted for all the options because it was allowed.

:lol:

afex
2002-11-15, 02:00 PM
I am sure the Dallas fans enjoyed the shit talking

i highly doubt anyone enjoys somebody getting in their face and saying they are better than them without anything to back it up.

Originally posted by Qanamil_Rafiki
I think it's all in jest... I mean yeah, they're getting into it... but I doubt any of the people on this board would yell "Vanu pride!" to you in person.

who you are in real life is immaterial to how you act online. they ARE doing it right now, thats the point.

Tobias
2002-11-15, 02:05 PM
I want a "All your base are belong to Vanu" tee shirt.

VANU PRIDE

afex
2002-11-15, 02:30 PM
ten bucks says tobias switches to NC or TR upon release :lol:

NapalmEnima
2002-11-15, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by Tobias
VANU PRIDE

Is that like gay pride?

(ya gotta watch the setup lines man... that was too easy)

Hamma
2002-11-15, 04:02 PM
stop the h8

�io
2002-11-15, 04:11 PM
:stupid:

Tobias
2002-11-15, 10:43 PM
Make love, not war!

NapalmEnima
2002-11-15, 11:09 PM
Go play some carebear game, ya wanker! This is a PvP slugfest 'round heah!

Go take your peace and love and... and... do something else with it.

Yeah!

Tobias
2002-11-16, 10:14 AM
I said nothing about peace, jusr making love, lotsa love.....

http://smilies.networkessence.net/s/otn/love/lovestory.gif

but still lotsa killing

http://216.40.249.192/mysmilies/contrib/blackeye/2gunsfiring_v1.gif

jamikey
2002-11-16, 07:47 PM
I think its going to be ballanced and very deadly

Tobias
2002-11-16, 11:00 PM
Yep it will be balanced, but the Vanu will still win because we are Vanu and Vanu > then all!

NapalmEnima
2002-11-17, 12:08 PM
I said nothing about peace, jusr making love, lotsa love.....

The Hell You Didn't!

You said, and I quote:

Make love, not war!

Now you're saying "Make love, AND war". Big difference.

The first makes ya a hippie. Hippies are dirty, though they do get the good weed.

The second makes you a hormone-driven sexual psychopath. Nothing wrong with that. :twisted:

�io
2002-11-17, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by NapalmEnima
The second makes you a hormone-driven sexual psychopath. Nothing wrong with that. :twisted:

:lol:

Tobias
2002-11-18, 12:31 PM
Its not a war, its just a Peace Keeping Mission, like the U.S.A, they dont have wars here, we just kill large numbers of people from other nations with our army so we can AVOID war, its all in the name of peace...you see, and thats how it will be when the Vanu just kill off the NC and TR, for peace. And after we subgate all the upstarts, we can have lots of love!

KoldFusion
2002-11-18, 01:30 PM
Make love, not war!

As i said on the "slow" thread...

Me makes lots o' love!
:brow:

Tobias
2002-11-20, 12:21 PM
you can never make enough though.