View Full Version : LF NC Air Combat Centric Outfit [PS Newbie]
2012-06-12, 01:42 PM
The rundown on me first:
Location: Wichita, KS, USA (CST -6)
Occupation: Burger Flipper / College Student
Playtime: Likely 30+ hours per week
What I'm looking for:
- New Conglomerate. I never played PS1, but even before its release I read about the factions and immediately gravitated toward NC.
- Maturity. I think this goes without saying for just about any of these threads.
- Organized, structured, but not purely hardcore. I don't care how far up the totem pole you happen to be, I'm not referring to you as "sir" in a game. Also, I don't want to get kicked out simply because I missed one op due to something totally beyond my control.
- Air-centric. Or at the very least, an outfit that has an aerial wing looking for pilots. I'm willing to fly anything. That said, I'm willing to do whatever is needed on the ground as well (I perform best in a support role - engineer or medic).
I have no competitive gaming experience, but I've played my fair share of team-oriented first-person shooters. All of the Battlefields, TF2, CS1.6 and CS:S, etc. I was largely a chopper pilot in Battlefield; admittedly not a great one, but what I truly enjoy is what I'm willing to get better at, amirite?
I have and use TS3, Mumble, and Vent, and I do of course have a microphone.
Air focus aside, you sound like you're looking for an outfit Like Praetorian Guard.
We are an existing PS1 Outfit and are looking to bring new blood under our command for PS2.
But if you're dead set on an air only outfit, good luck on your search.
2012-06-12, 03:07 PM
Everything I've found regarding PG has been glowing with praise. I'll definitely keep you guys in mind.
2012-06-12, 03:34 PM
Outfit X would love to have you join our ranks. We are looking for Pilots.
A little history of The X
The deadly gaming organization now known as Outfit X (X), was formed in 1999. Originally started playing the FPS known as Starsiege:Tribes where we competed in ladder style tournaments. Over the years, the X has left a mark in many online team based games and have struck fear in the hearts of many gamers. Some of the games that the X has competed in are:
* Starsiege:Tribes (Group tag !X!)
* Tribes 2 (Group tag !X!)
* Tribes: Vengeance (Group tag !X!)
* Planetside(Outfit name: Squad X)
* World of Warcraft(Group tag: X)
* Heroes of Newerth (Group tag: X)
* Call of Duty (Multiple Chapters) (Group tag: X)
* Battlefield(Multiple Chapters) (Group tag: X)
* And many more…
When Planetside was released in 2003, the X once again was able to show the power of teamwork and showed the Planetside community how deadly Squad X could really be. In Planetside, Squad X , who were dedicated warriors of the New Conglomerate(a faction in Planetside)was known as one of the most organized well respected outfits to ever play the game. By the end of 2004, Squad X had a roster of over 200+ members that would play 24 hours a day, with ferocious X team leaders and X members from across the globe who were executing a variety of missions from organizing armor/air columns to special operations. After many dedicated years to Planetside, the X has been waiting for a sequel to Planetside, and now, in 2012 it is here. Planetside 2. Fully dedicated to the Harvest Gold and Navy Blue of the New Conglomerate, we are ready to deploy once again.
Do you have what it takes to make history with the X? Do you want your name to be remembered in gaming history? We shall see…
Recruitment Requirements and X Law
In order to join Outfit X, we do require a few things from our new and seasoned people.
1. There is no age limit but there is a maturity level minimum. We ask that all of our members act respectful to each other both on the field and in voice chat.
2. Voice communication is REQUIRED. If you do not have a MIC you cannot join. Current members must have a working MIC and Voice Chat compatible sound card.
3. Stay in communication: Join and use the X forums, as well as the Facebook page if capable. And follow X Twitter, we may use these channels to announce important events.
4. Respect the chain of command.
5. Respect fellow players and.
6. Always watch X members backs.
7. Participate in all Outfit X missions.
8. Last but not least, have fun.
If you think you meet these requirements, register on our forums and post in the “Recruitment” section. Tell us a little about yourself. Please allow 24hours for a response. We will contact you shortly(in our out of game).
Currently our forums are being updated for Planetside 2. So if you are interested in joining us and becoming part of the X team please post here inside this thread or send me a PM and I or a fellow X member will get back to you as soon as possible.
2012-06-12, 03:37 PM
Former Tribes 1 and 2 players? Oh hell yes. Tribes 1 is still my favorite all-time game.
Sounds good. I'll look around and see what I can find on you guys. Thanks for the heads up.
2012-06-12, 03:59 PM
Here is a few videos for you to save you the search.
Squad X 2nd - YouTube
Squad X (planetside) - YouTube
TwistaX Tribes - YouTube
2012-06-12, 04:33 PM
If you’re truly looking for an Air outfit, the VS faction has a stronger history with AirFits.
2012-06-12, 05:08 PM
or you could roll with us and possible end up being the leader of your own Reaver squadron all in good time. :) Besides nobody likes those dirty VS.
2012-06-12, 05:31 PM
Noted, legendary, but I think I can safely say I'll never be a dedicated barney.
Hmr: X and PG are my two contenders right now. I'll give it a couple days before I decide anything final. :>
2012-06-12, 06:53 PM
If you’re set on NC, PG runs a solid crew that does everything well. Be warned though if your goal is air superiority, the VS have a long history of air power, due to game balance mechanics over the many years of PS1. The typical NC historical response to Air Power has been AA, not dog fighting. At any rate, good luck in whatever home you find.
2012-08-31, 09:57 AM
Yes PG has swatted many VS Airfits out of the skies on more than a few occasions... per night :rofl:
2012-08-31, 10:41 PM
Can't go wrong with OX or PG.
2012-09-05, 11:26 AM
ConsPark - NC-ODA 1785 is looking for Reaver pilots, we are a New Conglomerate 18+ Mature, Small squad tactic outfit.
We are new, but being new doesn't mean we don't know what we are doing.
Most of our players are either military prior military or have some experience in that. and If you call any of us Sir we will boot your ass to the curb. Real life takes priority, we don't boot people because they can't make it. We ask you participate when you can. Nothing more, Only reason you get booted is you break our rules and regulations and not showing up to an op is not one of them.
And over all we want Quality over quantity. If we never hit more then 20 people in the outfit we are fine with that.
We don't care about rank, we all work together for the objective, we train for leadership. We are organized in a simple fashion.
Again we are looking for Reaver pilots who want to work with ground spotters to conduct Close Air Support and Close Air Protection.
If your interested, the link to our website is in my signature.
Or you can look me or the two recruiters up at any time.
TheStooge - who happens to also be the Reaver Squad Commander.
Either direciton, good luck, and see you on the battlefield.
2012-09-06, 02:29 AM
Check out Sturmgrenadier (http://www.planetside-universe.com/showthread.php?t=40128). We are a large group of dedicated and mature gamers. In PS2 we are a combined arms outfit. We run air, armor, and infantry and have an active air squad running every night.
vBulletin® v3.8.4, Copyright ©2000-2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.