PDA

View Full Version : Planetside Universe Outfit?

KoldFusion
2002-11-18, 01:46 PM
This is just a thought but i think it would be cool for planetside universe to start it's own outfit on a server just for recreation and comadire for this community of players...... what do you think? I mean everyone else will be in their main outfit but they can participate in the PU outfit when they want to get away from there..... and you can post on here that we are going to take a base or something and we can all show up:) Post away!

P.S. I just think it would be awesome to play with all of you together :)

Planetside Universe pwnz joo!!!!!!! :blowup:

�io
2002-11-18, 01:52 PM
:stupid:

War Mongrel
2002-11-18, 02:10 PM
Who would be our leader?

�io
2002-11-18, 02:13 PM
ME!

*Waits for the group to stop laughing*

Ok fine Hamma.

:D

jamikey
2002-11-18, 02:21 PM
thats a pretty good idea. Only what happens if we post"were gonna take such and such base at 3 pm mountian standard time". then a whole crap load of people rally to defned the base and we get smoked..LOL. but still a fun idea. I'd love to play with you guys. Plus this would be the unltimate clan. :D

�io
2002-11-18, 02:28 PM
Well just like any other faction futur plans would be top secret and not said on a public forum.

Although Jam raises a problem if we did indeed from a PU clan we would have to all agree on a certain empire. :D

KoldFusion
2002-11-18, 02:35 PM
i know that picking an empire will be a problem.... but if it is just going to be a recreational thing.... who really cares what empire it is.... the point is that we all join up with the PU outfit and have fun teaming with each other.
As far as posting a raid... well we could just create a forum for the PU outfit only and of course if the PU outfit is on the same server as some ppl they would definitley need to promise not to leak info.
I also think that hamma and the PU staff lead or select a team to lead it. The main reason i brought this idea up was to simply have a fun thing for this community to do together :)

Unregistered
2002-11-18, 02:43 PM
I don't think we'd all have to be in a certian empire for it to work out....

The point of a PSU outfit wouldn't be to be the Uberl33t Outfit that everyone feared. The point would be so that all of us got a chance to play togeather, and I don't see a reason why we'd all have to be on the same side.

What if we announced an Attack on Base X that was held by the Vanu. It would give the Vanu a chance to defend against us, as well as give the TR, and NC a chance to all fight over it.

A PSU Outfit would end up being more of a "Massive 3 Way Battle Organizing" outfit then a functional "We're gonna own j00" type of Outfit.

It's an interesting Idea, that may fit in well with some of the other plans we have for when the game launches.

KoldFusion
2002-11-18, 02:53 PM
3 way battle.... never thought of that.... thats not really what i had in mind when i brought it up.... i guess it work out ok.... the main reason i was thinking one team is b/c then we could all talk to each other and just BS and laugh about stuff while we play.... I mean I may be wrong but it sounds like you guys were maybe already thinking about doing something like this..... I don't know... you guys are the gurus of this site.... it may have been my idea but is your "planetside universe" and as a member i will submit to the awesome authority of the PSU staff :domotwak:
please be gentle :p

Manitou
2002-11-18, 03:19 PM
OooOOoooOO! Gimme grunts, armor, air support, TOT arty, and we will own...

/me begins to figure tactical advantage to the classic pincer movement as opposed to the feint, retreat and ambush/envelope movement considering platoon size, manning requirements, terrain limitations, enemy strength, etc...

;)

Unregistered
2002-11-18, 03:37 PM
The thing we were planning on doing was a CNN sort of War Corispondence. We'd need people in each empire to report on the battles, and write up the little stories.

Having a Massive 3 way battle would allow corrospondents from each empire a chance to report on the same thing.

I do agree that everyone being able to talk and have fun would be cool. Maybe we can look into setting up Empire specific Team Sound servers or something. That way we'd be able to talk :D

�io
2002-11-18, 04:06 PM
Well i'd love to play with peeps i know (peeps from PU) then strangers so if there is a PU outfit in the making count me in!

And i agree that 1 empire only would be better so we can talk to each other and laugh at our feeble skillz. ;)

KoldFusion
2002-11-18, 04:07 PM
the CNN type war thingy sound pretty cool :) But iw ould still like to see one unit at some point :) If you do three way war though.... will there be forums privided for each empire to strat on and make annoucements?

Unregistered
2002-11-18, 04:15 PM
Probably not.

It was suggested at one point to have Empire Specific forums for that sort of thing, but managing the User permissions would be a nightmare. That and we'd really have no way of knowing if someone was really in the Empire they claimed to be in.

Currently 2 diffrent Outfits (and Empires) have members on the PSU staff.

Manitou's "Clan Draconus Lupus" (TR), and Shiver's "New Dawn" (NC). Since I don't know about an official PSU outfit you may want to look into one of those outfits if you were interested playing in one of the Outfits the Staff will be in.

Then again there are several other outfits that sound promising you may also want to look into.

Hamma
2002-11-18, 04:15 PM
:nazi:

Sounds like an interesting idea :eek:

KoldFusion
2002-11-18, 04:29 PM
I do agree that the New Dawn looks promising.... have you seen thr Roving Guns structure at their website? it is pretty neat!

Zumthor
2002-11-18, 04:32 PM
A PU Vanu outfit would be fun fun!
It even ryhmes!

Unregistered
2002-11-18, 04:32 PM
I have not had the time to investigate all the diffrent Outfits out there, but the ones I have looked into all seem pretty Good.

KoldFusion
2002-11-18, 05:07 PM
WOOOOOOOOOOOT!!!!!!!!!! my first 15 + reply thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! L33T! Roxor!!!!!!!!!

�io
2002-11-18, 05:12 PM
Ummm...
:huh:

Hamma
2002-11-18, 06:23 PM
/me deletes thread

Qanamil_Rafiki
2002-11-18, 06:27 PM
That'll show him to be happy here

**nods**

KoldFusion
2002-11-18, 11:28 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!! MY THREAD!!!!!!!!!!!! SOMEONE GET A GALAXY AND LAND ON ME PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!THATS IT HAMMA YOU LEAVE ME NO CHOICE!!!!!!!!!!! :nazi: :nazi: :nazi: :nazi: :nazi: :nazi: :nazi:

Just teasing :p I have learned my lesson master.... I will now be a cloud of poopiness and dispair. Don't blame me you all created it! :)

Nubi
2002-11-18, 11:51 PM
Well can't say I'd be in this outfit, I may end up in it eventually

but I'd be happy to report for the Vanu side of the escapade my outfit and I do

after all, you're gonna need more then one reporter to cover teh entire world

Anyways....

Ya'll could vote, have like a bunch of people...vote for which empire and then just join that one...

democracy is a great tool when used:D

Tobias
2002-11-19, 09:52 AM
I wish i could get 15+ people to reply to my threads.....I think the idea of organizing mass battles kicks.....

jamikey
2002-11-20, 04:23 AM
By the time this game goes gold theres gonna be a whole shit load of out fits out there . take your time find the best one.

Tobias
2002-11-20, 12:07 PM
there will be many outfits, but few good ones, Join the Vanu