PDA

View Full Version : the chance to change eevrything

jamikey
2002-11-20, 04:28 AM
Guys this is way off the video subject. but last night i was watching a tribute to 9/11 and a thought poped in my head. Here it is " if i had the oppurtunity to go back in time ,knowing what i know know, would i get on one of those planes and try to stop it from hitting one of the towers or pent? Knowing full well that if you failed you were going to die in a flaming mess." Man i thought about it for a while and it scared me to think that maybe i wouldn't and let all those people die. but then again i think Id have to do it. I don't think i could life with myself if i didn't . do any of you think you could or couldn't? just wondering

MrVicchio
2002-11-20, 05:04 AM
If you stopped 9/11, then we wouldn't have gone in to Afgahnistan and routed the Taliban, and messed up Al-Quada's command structure..

Can you imagine what their next might have been? An airliner in the SuperBowl... staduim fulll of 60k plus people... and most ended up dead? Scary no?

jamikey
2002-11-20, 05:13 AM
Jesus that really is scary. Wanna know whats scaryier. My best friend was shipped to kuwait last month and i have no idea whats going on. I'm hella scared for him. if soemthing happens out there hes first one in. He hell be playing planet side for real. Someone once told me that death = glory on the battle field. well only in video games was my reply

Hamma
2002-11-20, 07:03 AM
I am not sure what I would have done.. when your life is in that much danger your instincts take over. You either get scared shitless and hide in a corner, or do what needs to be done.

Lazare
2002-11-20, 09:30 AM
I more likely think about the chance of killing Hitler before1933.:sniper:
:nazi:
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

xuur
2002-11-20, 10:21 AM
well, that depends on if you believe if fate being static/predetermined or a dynamic element of the present.

if static, nothing you or I could do would change events...we would sadly become just another part of it.

hindsight is a strange thing....
the image is so clear but nevertheless hides so much.

but in the case it were thrust upon me, yes...I must try to stop it. fate or no.
to stand idle and just let it all unfold as we know it now would be unthinkable.

heres to never having to try and change the past
and to looking fearlessly to the future
:cheers:

KoldFusion
2002-11-20, 10:42 AM
:stupid: It is a scary thought and I have asked myself the samething 1,000 times.

I really think if i was put in the same situation I would have tried tos top them as well. Of course it is just speculation on my part..... no one can really know until they are in that position..... I think most people that love this country would have done the samething. think about the peeps on flight 93(?) they knew their fates were sealed so they took action to save others..... may God rest their souls

Tobias
2002-11-20, 12:17 PM
Take them out with a foon if you have to, you die either way on the plane so of course try and stop them, or as back then they let knives on use your K bar to show them what an army knife does to a guy with a box cutter.

jamikey
2002-11-20, 01:21 PM
crazy times my friends....

MrVicchio
2002-11-20, 02:50 PM
Hey man,
I am in the Military, I am 3rd generation to join. Each and everyone of us knows what we are getting into. Okay, there are a few who think that wars happen to others, but the vast majority of us realize, that tomorrow, we might die. We might get called into action, and die a horrid death in a foriegn country we didn't know exsisted. But you know what? We don't do this for glory, the real heroes never tried to be heroes. We do it, because we love our country, and want to ensure that you all at home, life free. If that requires our blood to be spilt.. thats the risk we take.

Manitou
2002-11-20, 07:44 PM
Want to see heroes?

Watch the DVD set "Band of Brothers". Those guys.... it takes my breath away the honor they portray and the valor they lived by.

/me salutes

MrVicchio
2002-11-20, 10:25 PM
I much enjoyed We Were Soldiers

Mtx
2002-11-20, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by Lazare
I more likely think about the chance of killing Hitler before1933.:sniper:
:nazi:
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

If I could go back in time and ace one mofo it would be Albert Einstein.

Poof!

No nuclear weapons.

MrVicchio
2002-11-20, 10:41 PM
Gee.. Then the USSR and the USA would have fought WWIII before 1970. Great Idea.

Oh yeah, and instead of nuking Hiroshima and Nagasaki, we would have invaded Japan.. estimates are as high as 1 million US Soldiers dead, 5 million Japanese civilians and slldiers dead... Great Idea.

Mtx
2002-11-20, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by MrVicchio
Gee.. Then the USSR and the USA would have fought WWIII before 1970. Great Idea.

Oh yeah, and instead of nuking Hiroshima and Nagasaki, we would have invaded Japan.. estimates are as high as 1 million US Soldiers dead, 5 million Japanese civilians and slldiers dead... Great Idea.

I would rather lose a few million people than have the world come to an end one day because some madman or North Korea decided they didn't care anymore.

xuur
2002-11-20, 11:51 PM
I'm betting those few million people, likely my mom and dad woulda been among them, might think otherwise.

no him, no her, no me. I like me. :nod:
so...I have to think it played out the way it was meant to.

I wouldnt worry too much about the world ending to the tune of nukes.
There are far more likely candidates to bring ends to us all.

Personally, I'm just concentrating on showing up to work tomorrow. :nod:

http://members.cox.net/boba2/Sigs/peace.gif

Hamma
2002-11-21, 06:57 AM
Yea I dont worry about bs like that, life si too short to worry about the entire world. So I just worry about whats going on in mine :D

Qanamil_Rafiki
2002-11-21, 02:21 PM
Ah, but you're assuming that by off the brain you only have one event change: the invention of nuclear technologies.

I subscribe to the school of thought, that had Einstien never been, then much more than just nukes not being made would have changed, possibly to the point that there would never have been a world war II. At least, not as we know it when we know it.

Gotta love the time travel, chaos theory, and so on discussions :)

Unregistered
2002-11-21, 02:34 PM
When my apartment cuaght fire I ran around screaming like a little girl. :(

Who knows what I'd have done on one of those planes.

Mtx
2002-11-21, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by Unregistered
When my apartment cuaght fire I ran around screaming like a little girl. :(

Who knows what I'd have done on one of those planes.

lmao

I can almost see you running around like that.

If you were on one of those planes you would do the samething I would have. You would have stood up and fought to retake the plane. You're going to die anyway. You may as well die fighting.

:D

Hamma
2002-11-21, 05:13 PM
I run around screaming like a little girl when i see a spider. :(

jamikey
2002-11-23, 04:07 PM
I RUN FROM MESQUITOES.

Flashingfish
2002-11-23, 04:17 PM
There are no such things as mesquitoes.

Unregistered
2002-11-23, 07:27 PM
Say's the man that's never seen one......

:D

Incompetent
2002-11-23, 08:41 PM
says the man thats never been to lousiana/florida. if your not careful those damn things will drag you off

jamikey
2002-11-24, 05:48 AM
hEY GUYS I GOT MARRIED ON FRIDAY. =) BUT HERES A STORY I THOUGHT YALL SHOULD HERE SINCE YOUR DOUBTING YOUR MANHOOD. ME AND MY WIFE ARE WALKING DOWN THE STReET ON A BEATUIFUL DAY. (SORRY ABOUT THE SPELLING). AND WE WAlk BY THIS OPEN FENCE. we walk by and i thought i see a big ass dog but wasn't sure. So we keep walking . I hear a growl a little ways behind me and we both turn around. theres this decent size black dog barking as loud as possible. I throw my terrified wife in front of me and i take off screaming. LOL the dog didn't attack thank god. but jesus had i been on one of those planes i just might have rolled up in a fedal postion with tears running down my face balling like a little bitch

Mtx
2002-11-24, 05:50 AM
I was in the Army. My wife is in the Army.

nuff said ;)

Hamma
2002-11-24, 11:41 AM
rof throw the lady out :rofl: