PDA

View Full Version : Die Another Day

Incompetent
2002-11-25, 03:39 AM
anyone else see it, planning to see it. I thought it was good, i liked the way they had homages to previous bond films and some of the CG stuff, although some of it sucked. i don't want to give anything away since i know how touchy people get about movies, so i'll just stop here or i know i will

Hamma
2002-11-25, 06:47 AM
Didnt see it, dont like Halie Bary or however her name is spelled :p

Will wait for the DVD

Tobias
2002-11-25, 08:27 AM
Here is the movie, and every other bond movie, in a nut shell:

Bond kills people
Bond has sex
Some one kills people
Bond kills more people while havin sex
More people are killed
Bond has more sex, then kills more people
Movie ends with Bond having sex

sorry if i ruined it for you....

�io
2002-11-25, 09:18 AM
I saw it. Pretty good as usual but i found it drag on a bit, it could have been shorter. That and some stunts were really exagerated and obvious CG stuff.

Tobias
2002-11-25, 12:49 PM
I like most bond movies, were else can you see a lady named Pussy Galore?

MrVicchio
2002-11-25, 12:53 PM
Okay NO SPOILERS! So you can safely read.

This new Bond21 flick isn't too bad. I don't much care for Halle Barry, shes a moron but she was better then then Dr. Christmas Jones in Tomorrow Never Dies.

Pierce Brosnan is once again a very good Bond, not quite as great as Sean Connery, Brosnan still lacks that... mystique that Connery had. In this movie, Bond is unusually funny, but a few of the better one-liners are spent in the trailers and lose thier effect.

The usual Bond formula is evident, but with some refreshing twists. I was a bit dissappointed though, by the lack of ingenious gadets, they seemed to be aiming for a few "Over the top" items vice a cadre of clever toys for James this time round.

One word to the prducers of the Bond series. ILM. Next time you guys try to get creative with Special F/X, call the pros, there were several rather cheesy moments that went from unbelievable to near cartoonish, and Bond deserves better then the poor offerings found in Die Another Day.

Overall: 8 out of 10 stars for Fun Factor

9 out of 10 stars for Humor (Money Penny!!!)

7 out of 10 stars for Plot

6 out of 10 stars for Believability

Total 30 out of a possible 40 Stars

Go see it if you like Bond, but bring a small grain of salt and be ready for a cold shower after the movie.

�io
2002-11-25, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by MrVicchio
9 out of 10 stars for Humor (Money Penny!!!)

:lol:

Yeah that was pretty funny. :)

I would like to know why you guys don't like Hale? I think she was pretty good in this movie.

Unregistered
2002-11-25, 01:10 PM
I'm gonna go see it after work today :D

Tobias
2002-11-25, 01:23 PM
I dont not like her. I love all women, except that one girl i went to high school with, she scares me. Built like a line backer that one.

Lexington_Steele
2002-11-25, 03:39 PM
WETA > ILM