PDA

View Full Version : Dev Interview Pt. 1 Discussion

Hamma
2002-11-25, 07:08 AM
Discuss the first installment of dev Interview answers :D
http://www.planetside-universe.com/articles.php?articleId=14

Sytadel
2002-11-25, 07:12 AM
Cool article. I take it by the 'first installment', there'll be more?

Anyway, I read this: 'while the Commanders receive extra polygonal additions as they gain rank.' - I like that. Actually I said it'd be a good idea in another thread (well ok, I said a 'more complicated' suit - same thing).

Also, the outfit logo is a good idea. Looking forward to making one :}

Hamma
2002-11-25, 07:26 AM
There are 6, its ongoing until December 30th. The questions were submitted by the community :D
http://www.planetside-universe.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=223
^ You can read them there

Tobias
2002-11-25, 10:04 AM
I for one think that night battles will kick arse. The Vanu lasers will look bad arse (not just saying this cause i love Vanu) but so will the muzzle flashes and the explosions. It would be cool to have a major battle at night me thinks.

NapalmEnima
2002-11-25, 10:04 AM
If you've got the info, give it up.

Frankly this is a big letdown. I was expecting answers to most if not all of the questions we asked. Armor colors and day/night stuff just aren't that exciting.

As an ancient lady in an ancient commercial once said:

"WHERES THE BEEF"

:mad:

Tobias
2002-11-25, 10:09 AM
Maybe its exciting to someone. I think your angry cause your side doesw not have cool uniforms, like the Vanu do. That being the case i understand why your not excited.

afex
2002-11-25, 10:29 AM
dont be gay, post all the responses.

if this lasts till dec. 30th, we'll already know all those answers + more b/c beta will be out.

Hamma
2002-11-25, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by afex
dont be gay, post all the responses.
There are 10 questions, and 10 answers. So <B><u>EVERY</b></u> question that was asked a month ago will be answered.

I am posting them weekly because I dont have them all. I'm sorry if it doesent make everyone happy, cant please everyone. And not everyone will get in beta, those who do cant talk about it soooo.. not everyone will know the answers to teh questions before they are releleased ;)

�io
2002-11-25, 12:09 PM
If possible i would rather see a few parts. Not all in one shot but only a few per week till the 30th seems long. :(

Marsman
2002-11-25, 12:27 PM
You have to remember the dev team is in a crunch time right now - there isn't going to be time for them to release a lot of info. This way there is at least something new to look at over the coming weeks - rather than a long peroid of silence with nothing new to talk about. This way we have something new each week to keep us interested and entertained. :D

Unregistered
2002-11-25, 12:35 PM
Look at the bright side. It took a month for them get us back the answers to some of the basic questions. At least this way we know when we can expect more answers instead of the limbo we were in until we got the first ones back.

Don't worry. I won't let Hamma hold anything back from you guys!!!

:nazi:

Tobias
2002-11-25, 12:38 PM
I think we should have a poll on weather the Dev's should give them to us not or latter, and on weather or not the Guys in Hamma's sig could beat the Guy in Unreg's sig.

Unregistered
2002-11-25, 12:41 PM
How about a poll on How high you have to be to see all the people in Marsmans sig?

Tobias
2002-11-25, 12:51 PM
TR guy: " you aint gonna shoot me! your so high your proably seeing double!"

NC guy: "Good thing i got a pistal for each of you heh."

Vanu "Copy, on your signal i bag the drugie"

NapalmEnima
2002-11-25, 01:03 PM
If that's all you have at the moment, then so be it... If you've got some sort of NDA thing going, then so be it.

BUT!

If you're holding out on us, PLEASE don't. Pretty please with sugar on top? Pretty please or I'll rip your guts out and strangle you with them? :love:

I'm not interested in a regular dribble of info (and I'm sure I'm not alone). I (and those others) am insatiable. Nothing short of a CD in our mits will truely satisfy us. Until that happy day, we want as info much as possible, as fast as possible.

So don't hold out on us... this could get ugly. :twisted:

(Besides, I can't STAND the thought of some non-dev knowing more than the general population, and not sharing it. Makes me all frothy. Please don't make me frothy. You wouldn't like me when I'm frothy.)

Tobias
2002-11-25, 01:09 PM
Rocketfodder knows more then any of us. Well not more then some of the guys on the PSI site, but i think they have an inside guy that is staying in the vents with a camra and a cell phone feeding them info.

Unregistered
2002-11-25, 01:15 PM
I think a few people have been following the game for so long that they can e-mail the Dev's themselves.

NapalmEnima
2002-11-25, 01:19 PM
Then they need to 'fess up.

Or else.

Don't make me get all frothy. I'm betting you haven't had your shots. I bite. Not a pretty combination, is it? Best to just avoid it all together and GIVE ME MORE INFO!

Oops... did I skip my meds this morning? Silly me. ;)

�io
2002-11-25, 01:19 PM
I wouldn't mind at all Hamma withholding info as long as it's not too long. Like if he had the answers to 6 questions and splits its in 2 articles one on monday other on friday instead of all on friday.

Unregistered
2002-11-25, 01:35 PM
I bet this is all part of a larger conspiracy by the Devs to get people bother Hamma instead of bothering them.....

Hamma, can you see if they'll answer the 11th Question for us?

(The 11th question being "Who really killed Kenedy?")

Lazare
2002-11-25, 03:56 PM
I also think it would be nazi if you don�t give us Infos you have. I hate the thought of non-devs having more info thanthe folks too.
But if you have not recieved the Answers yet its ok and you others stop diggin.:tear: wanna see teh answers

Incompetent
2002-11-25, 04:27 PM
that was a little... disapointing, i was expecting more answers. Still, i'm glad we now know we are fighing on Auraxis.

Unregistered
2002-11-25, 05:03 PM
Well there's still 8 more to go!!!

I'm still waiting for news of the MAX Weapons :D

Tobias
2002-11-25, 06:19 PM
you know Incompetent your right we do have the planets name now.... they gave us more then planed it seems MWHAHAHAHA!

Hamma
2002-11-25, 06:21 PM
Sorry guys :\

Tobias
2002-11-25, 07:38 PM
I dont blame you Hamma, i blame *looks on the members list for the name of a random person he doesnt know*

I blame Salbaheboy, its all his fault, i think we should kick his ass from keeping the info from us!

Sytadel
2002-11-25, 09:14 PM
I know very little about PS (well, compared to most of you guys anyway) so any info is useful to me. Huzzah!

CrazyMike
2002-11-25, 09:37 PM
Dave G has a sick sense of humor. It would be just like him to tell Hamma he will answer the questions, but only two each week. Trust me.. this has got Dave written all over it.

CrazyMike

�io
2002-11-25, 09:54 PM
*Hopes Dave doesn't read this and decide to not answer the questions*

:scared:

Hamma
2002-11-25, 10:26 PM
:rofl:

Doobz
2002-11-25, 10:48 PM
This forum reminds me of nazi germany.....
:nazi: :nazi: :nazi: :nazi: :nazi: :nazi: :nazi: :nazi: :nazi:

m0rphiu5
2002-11-26, 12:16 AM
This forum reminds me of nazi germany.....

im with you doobz, if u have the info hamma GIVE THEM TO US.......

how would u like it if i strung out answers.......

"well i might give u the answers..... nah ill keep 4 myself, moahahaha i know more than u"

tis sux0r big time

Hamma
2002-11-26, 07:28 AM
You guys honestly think I would hold out the info by personal choice? If I had all the info, and was able to release it in one block. I would have already done it :p

m0rphiu5
2002-11-26, 08:05 AM
was able to release it

ahhh ok, so u have the info n they twisted your arm to not release it all untill the beta, right.. fair nuf..... not nice of dev. team, but oh well, thems the breaks... i apologise hamma, not your fault

Tobias
2002-11-26, 09:39 AM
I vote we have skull the trool go and get the info for us.

Hamma
2002-11-26, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by Hamma
<u>If I had all the info</u>
Did u miss that part of my post :p

Incompetent
2002-11-26, 09:54 AM
when did reason enter into this?

Unregistered
2002-11-26, 10:15 AM
Yes.

Let's kill Hamma so that I can rise up and seize control of this websi...........wait.........don't kill Hamma. I'm too lazy to run the site :D

�io
2002-11-26, 10:55 AM
Even if Hamma did have the answers it's his website, his desicion. If he decides to make us wait a few more days we have no right to tell him what to do.

Like i said i wouldn't mind having the answers over a short period, it allows for us to discuss more frelly about a certain subject newly revealed and also helps us forget we still have a very long wait before playing this game. :(

Zarparchior
2002-11-26, 02:58 PM
I trust Hamma's judgement like I trust the Dev's:

Probably more than I should. :D

m0rphiu5
2002-11-26, 10:50 PM
yes, as should we all..... but there is a limit...

i agree with dio to a certain extent, it is hamma's site and ultimately its upto him, and in all fairness its great. I for one believe him when he says he's not holding any info back that he could post right away, the dev team have probably twisted his arm into this decision, as we all know they are keeping fair tight lips.

Hamma
2002-11-27, 11:21 AM
The interviews will all be here before you know it :D

Unregistered
2002-11-27, 11:29 AM
I just think it's fuuny that the most talked about thing from part one of the Dev Interview is weather or not to trust Hamma. It's almost like hearing people talk about the President.

Hamma in 2004!!!

Zarparchior
2002-11-27, 12:32 PM
"Hamma... did you have sexual relations with that women, Ms. eMa?" ;)