PDA

View Full Version : Computer problems..

Strygun
2003-04-06, 03:00 PM
Hey guys, my other comp is really freaking me out right now. Here's the stats of it:

366MHz, voodoo5, unknown soundcard, intel celeron, win2k

The problem started when I was playing a song in winamp, and all of a sudden I couldn't move the slider thing that shows the song's progress as it plays. So then I closed winamp, but it wouldn't open back up. So I then restarted the comp, but at the boot up, it started BEEPING!! It then showed all the things in my comp initializing, along with counting the ram (the little numbers that run and run up to the amount of ram you have). It has never done that before, ever.

Now I have restarted a few times, and I can't open ANYTHING except internet explorer and the programs that start up when the comp boots. I can't open my computer (however, I can access it from this comp, they are networked.)

Anyone know what is wrong? There is a lot of stuff on that comp I use..

Rammy
2003-04-06, 03:09 PM
Its Quite Simple Your Comp Sucks...sry. Your Probably Had A Ram Failure And Dump:( not good also your comp neeed FASTER shits in it your voodoo5...i ha done, the color tinted yellow in it one day. Id Say Get A Cheap PIII Coppermine For Like $450 And A Nice Vid Card And Youll Be Set

Strygun
2003-04-06, 03:23 PM
LOL..this isn't my gaming comp..

the stats listed above are of the computer I use to get on aim, play music, chat, etc...

I have a separate gaming comp =)

Zatrais
2003-04-06, 03:24 PM
The beeps are a code for what whent wrong... remember how it beeped?

I've had a comp do that to me before and then the mobo was just bout to die.

OneManArmy
2003-04-06, 05:37 PM
yea... tell us about the beeps

Hunter83
2003-04-06, 05:40 PM
If the RAM tested ok, I'd guess it's the PSU or mobo in it's death throws. But since windows boots up the PSU is probably ok.

Look in the booklet that came with your motherboard, it should tell you what the various beeps mean.

Synergy
2003-04-06, 05:56 PM
my guess would probably be the mobo also

Sentrosi
2003-04-06, 06:47 PM
If you want Shogun, I have an old Gateway 433 Mhz lying around doing nothing. You'll need a hard drive and a floppy, but I'm sure you can manage that.

Your's for $50

I believe it's only got 128Mb RAM inside also. AGP on board, Sound, etc. Let me know if you're interested. It was working as of last month when I put it away.

Strygun
2003-04-06, 08:53 PM
Well, right now it works again. It just fixed itself completely. I'll let you know if it happens again.

Synergy
2003-04-06, 09:00 PM
WTF why cant all computers be like that :mad: