I honestly think the current trailer should be deleted. - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: The SigBot needs to be Nerfed
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2011-12-21, 09:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Marth Koopa
Banned

I honestly think the current trailer should be deleted.

It's just really bad and people are going to think the game sucks based on it because it's showing incomplete gameplay, very little content, and nothing exciting or important.

I do not want to tell anyone about this game because they're going to form a bad first impression because of it.
Old 2011-12-21, 09:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
SniperSteve
First Lieutenant

Re: I honestly think the current trailer should be deleted.

They just need a NEW trailer
Old 2011-12-21, 09:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Erendil
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by SniperSteve View Post
They just need a NEW trailer
Yep. that first one looks like it could be just another generic 16 vs 16 multiplayer FPS, with a few planes doing flyby's at the end that for all people know could just be a cinematic cutscene.

We need a new combined arms trailer, one that shows off the scale of the game and demonstrates exactly how epic a 3-way war can be....

They could start with a bird's eye view of a wing of Mossies flying in to assault that one Amp Station just like this screenie. Then have several manned wall turrets open fire on them from far below, followed by a few Reavers flying up from the base to intercept. Meanwhile, down below rages a large tank battle with Prowlers, Vanguards, and Lightnings dancing around, and infantry taking pot shots at the Prowlers from atop the base walls.

Then they could cut to a wing of Scythes and Magriders hiding behind a distant ridgeline, silent, waiting for the right moment to join in the fray... Then the command is given, and the view changes to a shot from the base as, off in the distance, a V-line of Scythes pops up over the ridgeline, sun at their backs, and the camera zooms in as the Scythes scream ominously towards the battle, followed by the Magriders spread out in a long line below....

Finally, the 3 empires meet, in the skies above and on the ground below the walls of the base....

That is the kind of trailer they need.

Last edited by Erendil; 2011-12-21 at 10:01 PM.
Old 2011-12-21, 10:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Hamma
PSU Admin

Yea good idea they should delete the only video trailer we have.

As mentioned we just need new stuff. No need to delete the old.

Of all the things I've seen posted on PSU lately, this one makes the least sense.

I do not want to tell anyone about this game because they're going to form a bad first impression because of it.
What why? Because you think the trailer sucks?

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2011-12-21, 10:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Lonehunter
Lieutenant General

No reason to delete just need some new. I know what you mean though. Myself and a few buds from PS1 giggle like schoolgirls when we watch it, but I just don't think it's enough to interest someone who won't be nostalgic.
And if you back in 2003 decided you wanted to play RTS games, between then and now you'd have dozens of RTS games you could have played. If you decided to play MMOFPS' between then and now, there were none

Last edited by Lonehunter; 2011-12-21 at 10:48 PM.
Old 2011-12-21, 10:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
SKYeXile
Major General

make new video with lots of players...in beta.

SKYeXile TRF - GM
FUTURE CREW - HIGH COUNCIL
Old 2011-12-21, 11:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Marth Koopa
Banned

Originally Posted by Hamma View Post
Yes, the trailer is HORRIBLE. It shows severely incomplete gameplay, barely any content, and not much of what makes PlanetSide unique.

If there aren't going to be any GOOD trailers any time soon, this abomination of a trailer we have now should be deleted before too many people get a terrible first impression.

People are going to be flocking to the front page of the PS2 site, see the trailer, and their first impression will be "this looks like garbage".
This is the last VIP post in this thread.   Old 2011-12-21, 11:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
RadarX
PlanetSide 2
Community Manager

Originally Posted by Marth Koopa View Post
Yes, the trailer is HORRIBLE. It shows severely incomplete gameplay, barely any content, and not much of what makes PlanetSide unique.

If there aren't going to be any GOOD trailers any time soon, this abomination of a trailer we have now should be deleted before too many people get a terrible first impression.

People are going to be flocking to the front page of the PS2 site, see the trailer, and their first impression will be "this looks like garbage".
It's still really early and some video to huge PlanetSide fans is better than no video at all. When the time is right to start promoting to those who are less familiar with the brand, I think you'll find more impressive things available media wise.

Keep in mind the Devs aren't remaking PlanetSide so what you'll be seeing more of is what makes PlanetSide 2 unique. Hang in there. More is coming.
Old 2011-12-21, 11:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Death2All
Major

Misc Info

This was the best trailer I saw for PS and it was fan made. Surely SoE can do better....Right? Right?

Death2AllVS/TR/NC
Rekeer
AliENaTiON
Old 2011-12-21, 11:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
SKYeXile
Major General

Originally Posted by DeeTwoEh View Post
PlanetSide music video - YouTube

This was the best trailer I saw for PS and it was fan made. Surely SoE can do better....Right? Right?
UI on, not really that good.

SKYeXile TRF - GM
FUTURE CREW - HIGH COUNCIL
Old 2011-12-22, 12:26 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
Death2All
Major

Misc Info

Originally Posted by SKYeXile View Post
UI on, not really that good.
Yeah, that was a little off putting when he's trying to show off landscapes and the minimap and crosshair's are still on the screen.

Strangely he has his chatbox turned off though.

Death2AllVS/TR/NC
Rekeer
AliENaTiON
Old 2011-12-22, 02:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
FIREk
Captain

Originally Posted by Hamma View Post
Yea good idea they should delete the only video trailer we have.

As mentioned we just need new stuff. No need to delete the old.
Of all the things I've seen posted on PSU lately, this one makes the least sense.
He makes a lot of sense, actually. Most of the trailer is good, but SOE should edit out the "massive" parts and replace them with something that doesn't look crap.

I mean the "massive battle" between one NC player with his 30 NC bot friends against 30 VS bot enemies. I think it appeared twice in the trailer. All bots were identical in standard armor and with identical heads, and they behaved like bots - moving randomly, bumping into each other etc.

In my opinion that's the only part that makes the trailer look bad and, as far as people unfamiliar with PS1 are concerned, the trailer doesn't promote PS2 too well, since it was made for the likes of us.

And, while I see RadarX's point, I believe PS2 is getting quite a bit of "new blood" attention now and seeing 30 "players" flailing about on the battlefield may not be the best way to show how great this game is gonna be.
Old 2011-12-22, 06:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
Canaris
Contributor
General

Originally Posted by RadarX View Post
It's still really early and some video to huge PlanetSide fans is better than no video at all. When the time is right to start promoting to those who are less familiar with the brand, I think you'll find more impressive things available media wise.

Keep in mind the Devs aren't remaking PlanetSide so what you'll be seeing more of is what makes PlanetSide 2 unique. Hang in there. More is coming.
I'll help you choreograph, direct or voice act in any new PS2 movies. I'm here for you
I can also be your success coach, I'm great at that kind of thing

"Don't matter who did what to who at this point. Fact is, we went to war, and now there ain't no going back. I mean shit, it's what war is, you know? Once you in it, you in it! If it's a lie, then we fight on that lie. But we gotta fight. "
Slim Charles aka Tallman - The Wire
BRTD Mumble Server powered by Gamercomms
Old 2011-12-22, 07:00 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
Bruttal
Sergeant Major

I think that there should be a contest during beta for best game footage Emailed to them so it's not put up on Youtube and brake the NDA.

Contest could include anything from station cash (assuming thats how we will be buying stuff in ps2) to Video cards and Whole systems.
Old 2011-12-22, 07:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
deltase
Corporal

I think new trailer is a 'Must'! The new one should let us see more from the game than the old one and of course with more explosions hehe..
Closed Thread
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion