Revival of the TR? - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Because your other addiciction is illegal
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2004-01-10, 12:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Veteran
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Revival of the TR?

It's pretty well known that I'm a traitor to the TR. My friends played NC and I joined them, and I relished the easy kills I got with the Vanguard. God forgive me, but I loved the splatter of blood and the cries of the righteous.

My point, however, is that the TR have decided that inferior gear will not dissuade them from Ownership. They are determined to prove that Loyalty Until Death is more than just pretty words. They are fierce and lethal.

NC have enjoyed unparalleled technological superiority with the Vanguard, Jackhammer, ScatterMAX and Phoenix. They will never know what it's like to 'make due' with their weapons like the TR have had to do. The VS have been pampered too deeply, also, with their unrivalled MAX units and hovercraft. Only TR has known the full wrath of the nerf bat.

So it goes.

"Blessed are those who Hunger and Thirst for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied." - Jesus Christ

PlanetSide player, retired
Old 2004-01-10, 12:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Cyanide
Major

LOL, good one . Too bad the VS have the worst of just about every empire specific thing in the game. The lasher sucks compared to the MCG and JH. The lancer is useless. The pulsar is crap. The beamer is glorified laser pointer. The magrider is junk compared to the other tanks. The ONLY thing the VS has that's better than the other empire specific things is their maxes. And that's only evident outside, where the fighting doesn't really matter.
Old 2004-01-10, 01:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
SilverLord
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Cyanide
LOL, good one . Too bad the VS have the worst of just about every empire specific thing in the game. The lasher sucks compared to the MCG and JH. The lancer is useless. The pulsar is crap. The beamer is glorified laser pointer. The magrider is junk compared to the other tanks. The ONLY thing the VS has that's better than the other empire specific things is their maxes. And that's only evident outside, where the fighting doesn't really matter.
LOL, I fear the VS def more than the NC.

Old 2004-01-10, 01:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Rbstr
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

the pheonix superior? how many times have you used it? its only good for taking out maxes at long ranges from behind a rock.

All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.
Old 2004-01-10, 01:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Veteran
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

MagRider rocks. Lasher doesn't suck. Lancer is beloved by pimps far and wide. VS MAXs are so incredibly powerful that I need not expand upon their virtues.

TR, as it stands, have no equipment that stands out as best-in-the-field, except perhaps for the Cycler, and that's but a humble Medium Assault weapon.

It's ok though. As I have stated, TR will fight with claws and fangs if need be, and they will win.

"Blessed are those who Hunger and Thirst for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied." - Jesus Christ

Old 2004-01-10, 01:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Veteran
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Phoenix = win. I'd like to introduce you to a concept called the meta-game. Live it; love it. Phoenix is some serious bad-assed technology.

Old 2004-01-10, 01:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Neon Apocalypse
Colonel

fear our wrath

i remember when the VS were god, our mags and lashers pwned everything in site, a lasher could take out a max in 2 clips, and it took like 2 seconds to use up a clip, then everyone feared us, they started using our weapons

now everything but maxs suck for us, except the lasher which i think is becoming underrated, its very good if you know how to use it
Old 2004-01-10, 01:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
NoSurrender
Contributor
Colonel

mag is good if you know how to use it. and veteran i left NC for my TR (i was TR in beta n release) and i ph34r the NC. Vangaurd first, n00bhammer 2nd, and phoenix 3rd.

Thanks to Eine for my awesome sig
Old 2004-01-10, 01:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
JakeLogan
Major

Hell I remember when the TR were feared above all others (beta) MCG was the all out weapon of doom and JackHammer was called the JokeHammer and Lashers was just laughed at.
But now the MCG is still good not as good as its former god like self JH is awesome and if you get in a Hallway fight with a guy with a lashers your just pwned. Pulsar I love hell I got a locker filled with pulsars and of course pulsar ammo.
Old 2004-01-10, 01:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
SilverLord
Lieutenant Colonel

TR will never back down, bring your whole Empire to us; we will still fight till the last base and never stop, ever.

Old 2004-01-10, 01:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
JakeLogan
Major

Oh and BTW TR have been pwning lately we've had a higher empire pop then the NC and VS several times lately
Old 2004-01-10, 01:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
BadAsh
First Lieutenant

My opinions on empire weapons:

HA: MCG is the best. The JH and Lash tie for 2nd place because they are both useful in limited situations. Though the JH is more fun.

MA: Tie between Cycler and Gauss, both rock and I'm just as successful with one as I am the other. The Pulsar is kind of gimpy, but you can carry enough ammo to fight for 3 days straight and not run out.

AV: Phoenix is hands down the best, followed by the Striker and then the Lancer.

My opinions on empire vehicles:

Tanks: Magrider then Vanguard and then Prowler. The Prowler actually owns but the TR never field enough of them so it's always 3 on 1 odds... 1 on 1 it will kill a Van, but 3 on 1 there is no hope. Most TR cert insomething else, run around on foot, get spattered by Vanguards, and whine about it. VS, if you treat the MAG as a super assault buggy and not a charge in and kill everything tank you will live forever, decimate the enemy lines, and rack up tons of kills. With a tech plant the VS have no excuse for the enemy having an AMS within a few miles of their base. 30 vs. 90 odds? Then field 30 MAGS and see what happens... lol. When you die spawn as a MAX, own some more, then go back to your MAG... Also the MAG is the only tank that owns air too... Phear the sniper tank...

Buggys: Marauder, Enforcer, then Thresher

My opinions on empire MAX Units:

MAX: VS by far here with the NC and then the TR. TIP: If you hear a VS complaining about their MAX units (indoor ability or otherwise) you are listening to someone who NEVER played a TR MAX.

Last edited by BadAsh; 2004-01-10 at 01:32 PM.
Old 2004-01-10, 01:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
BadAsh
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by JakeLogan
Oh and BTW TR have been pwning lately we've had a higher empire pop then the NC and VS several times lately
Agreed... on Markov the NC have been the empire in "need" all last night and all this morning thus far... usually the VS have that distinction...
Old 2004-01-10, 01:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
Doppler
Contributor
Major

Oh yes, another post from the TR lobby. Lets see. The tr have.

MCG. Same TTK as Jackhammer, longer range, much bigger clip.

Cycler: Best damn MA in the game, tiny COF bloom, huge clip,

Marauder: Evil evil vehicle.

Pounder Max: Still the only max that can shoot around corners or pretty much instant kill in a stairwell or around a blind corner. Will hold a tower till it runs out of ammo as long as someone is able to repair it occasionaly.

Cycler Max: Insane engagement range, otherwise yea it sucks.

Burster Max: Evil evil max, kills everything over distance, aircraft troops vehicles, dont even have to hit the guy just spray the tree he's hiding behind.

Striker: How many other AV weapons can you line dance while firing.

Prowler:Their one real weakness, but the tank shells still one hit kill infanrty so their not bad off, their major vulnerability is their stupidly high profile.

Doppler/Galgimp-J/Hardcased

Lord give me strength of arm, will, mind, and the accuracy of shooting to preserve them all.
Old 2004-01-10, 01:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
Firefly
Contributor
Major General

I don't care how bad our equipment is, if it's perceived or legitimate. The TR do not suck, and it's only the n00bs and bitches complaining. It's fun to make a few jokes now and then, but I'm sick and tired of the choir boys whining and bellyaching.

You want to win, TR? Get organized. Organization beats aimless zerg, hands down. I've seen it first-hand. You want to win, get organized, stop crying, suck it up and drive on. Improvise, adapt, and overcome. Stop this silly horseshit about OH BOOHOO MY MAX SUCKS! Well tough shit, crybaby. Plenty of people still use it, obviously YOU suck. Figure out how to circumvent your problems, or go cop-out and turn tail, go play with the powergamers.

In the meantime, those of us who are organized will continue to show results, REAL results.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion