PlanetSide Next Galaxy Model - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter Google+ YouTube Steam Xfire TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: STFU!!..... submitted by Sigbot!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Facebook Connect
Notices
Social
PlanetSide Next Galaxy Model Bookmark and Share

John Smedley just tweeted another PlanetSide Next Model Screenshot, this time we have the new Galaxy!

We were also able to get a bit more background this time around from John

The Galaxy plays an even more pivotal role in the new game.

John also noted that this is a model and not an in game screenshot. The final model will look much better once it's in game.

Discuss on our forums!

263 comments
2011-01-25 01:19 PM
Source: Twitter
Latest Comments
2011-02-16 06:36 AM
Livefire
Re: PlanetSide Next Galaxy

Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
Seriously, guy. Real life does not apply to video games. It's over a thousand years into the future. Spaceships, wormholes, laz0r guns (pew-pew), nanites...

Also, I hate to break it to you, but C130s and C5s do not have guns. Stop watching GI Joe.
First of all it would not complicate animations it would add dynamics and realism which is always a good thing even in a sci fi , and second c-130 no guns or other countermeasures wow you have no military experience at all its called a AC-130 gun ship and it is covered in guns and other advanced forms of electronic counter measures. If you want futuristic then give me a v-22/c-130 gunship /cargo plane. Every modern military commander will tell you that is the future just look at the V-44 project it was the cover for a 2000 addition of popular mechanics.

2000 Popular Mechanics
http://books.google.com/books?id=yLR...hanics&f=false
2011-02-16 09:24 AM
Firefly
Re: PlanetSide Next Galaxy

OHHHHHHHHHHHH BOY am I gonna fucking enjoy this.

Originally Posted by Livefire View Post
First of all it would not complicate animations it would add dynamics and realism which is always a good thing even in a sci fi
I never said jack or shit about animations. Stick to the fucking topic at hand, Einstein.

Originally Posted by Livefire View Post
and second c-130 no guns or other countermeasures
I never said anything about countermeasures. I said the C130 and the C5 do not have guns.

Originally Posted by Livefire View Post
wow you have no military experience at all
Hi. Son I'm gonna let you in on a little fact that just about everyone else here knows. I spent ten years in the US Army and another year as a private contractor. In that time, I rode on C5s, C17s, and C130s. Now, like I said above, I never once mentioned anything about countermeasures. As a matter of fact, the C130 has a set of flares. My strongest memory of this particular fact was flying into Sarajevo when you were probably about eleven years old, and the crew chief made a big show of explaining why he was removing the big red ribbon and cotter pin against the bulkhead at the front of the cargo area where we all sat, explaining that if we were targeted by SAMs that pulling this pin meant the flares were active. So, care to reassess the situation a little, sparky? You just stepped into a big pile of stupid and it's seeping into your Crocs.

Originally Posted by Livefire View Post
its called a AC-130 gun ship and it is covered in guns and other advanced forms of electronic counter measures.
The AC130 and the C130 are two separate aircrafts. The "A" in AC130 is what differentiates between a gunship and a C130 cargo aircraft. Normally I wouldn't quibble, but this is what you specifically said:

that looks like a c-130 or c-5 cargo. Being it is a cargo air craft
So, at first I was tempted to intuit that you actually meant the AC-130 but then you went and mouth-breathed, and tacked on the "cargo" and "cargo aircraft". Now since you presumed to lecture me on various military points, let me clue you in a little bit. Just about NO ONE in the military that I've ever met uses the term "C130" or "C130 cargo" to refer to an AC130 gunship. Why? Because as I said before, they are two separate aircraft with two very separate roles. One is unarmed and usually carries CARGO. Or people. Or people and cargo. Usually as in, on occasion it's been used to drop daisy-cutters, etc. The other is very well-armed and carries exactly two things: crew and bullets. It is not a cargo aircraft.

Have a nice day.
2011-02-16 09:31 AM
Grimster
Re: PlanetSide Next Galaxy

LOL don't piss off Firefly he will bite your head off and spit it back out.
2011-02-16 10:15 AM
Jonny
Re: PlanetSide Next Galaxy

Originally Posted by Livefire View Post
Every modern military commander will tell you that is the future just look at the V-44 project it was the cover for a 2000 addition of popular mechanics.
Look up the term "science fiction".

Why do some people think that knowing anything about the military has anything to do with a science fiction game.

GAME.
2011-02-16 05:50 PM
Livefire
Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
OHHHHHHHHHHHH BOY am I gonna fucking enjoy this.


I never said jack or shit about animations. Stick to the fucking topic at hand, Einstein.


I never said anything about countermeasures. I said the C130 and the C5 do not have guns.


Hi. Son I'm gonna let you in on a little fact that just about everyone else here knows. I spent ten years in the US Army and another year as a private contractor. In that time, I rode on C5s, C17s, and C130s. Now, like I said above, I never once mentioned anything about countermeasures. As a matter of fact, the C130 has a set of flares. My strongest memory of this particular fact was flying into Sarajevo when you were probably about eleven years old, and the crew chief made a big show of explaining why he was removing the big red ribbon and cotter pin against the bulkhead at the front of the cargo area where we all sat, explaining that if we were targeted by SAMs that pulling this pin meant the flares were active. So, care to reassess the situation a little, sparky? You just stepped into a big pile of stupid and it's seeping into your Crocs.


The AC130 and the C130 are two separate aircrafts. The "A" in AC130 is what differentiates between a gunship and a C130 cargo aircraft. Normally I wouldn't quibble, but this is what you specifically said:


So, at first I was tempted to intuit that you actually meant the AC-130 but then you went and mouth-breathed, and tacked on the "cargo" and "cargo aircraft". Now since you presumed to lecture me on various military points, let me clue you in a little bit. Just about NO ONE in the military that I've ever met uses the term "C130" or "C130 cargo" to refer to an AC130 gunship. Why? Because as I said before, they are two separate aircraft with two very separate roles. One is unarmed and usually carries CARGO. Or people. Or people and cargo. Usually as in, on occasion it's been u sed to drop daisy-cutters, etc. The other is very well-armed and carries exactly two things: crew and bullets. It is not a cargo aircraft.

Have a nice day.
You really missed my point, I was not saying the AC-130 was the same for the A means attack and gives it a different role then the troop transport what I was saying is being this is a video game and there for not restricted by the things reality is and also suppose to be like 1000 years in the future or something, there is no reason it can't look better and out perform a modern aircraft in every way. And the quick comment on animation was for the guys post above you.

Originally Posted by Jonny View Post
Look up the term "science fiction".

Why do some people think that knowing anything about the military has anything to do with a science fiction game.

GAME.
Science fiction is often future fact, watch a 1960's episode of star trek and then
understand that is in year 2200s. Look around you we are right on track.
2011-02-16 06:14 PM
Firefly
Re: PlanetSide Next Galaxy

Originally Posted by Livefire View Post
You really missed my point, I was not saying the AC-130 was the same for the A means attack and gives it a different role then the troop transport what I was saying is being this is a video game and there for not restricted by the things reality is and also suppose to be like 1000 years in the future or something, there is no reason it can't look better and out perform a modern aircraft in every way. And the quick comment on animation was for the guys post above you.
The next time you want to make a point, I suggest making your point succinctly and clearly, and without statements which are erroneous.
2011-02-16 06:29 PM
Jonny
Re: PlanetSide Next Galaxy

Originally Posted by Livefire View Post
Science fiction is often future fact, watch a 1960's episode of star trek and then
understand that is in year 2200s. Look around you we are right on track.
1. I'd rather not watch an episode of star trek, ever.

2. We're right on track to screw up the only planet we have thanks to man made climate change. So long for those future dreams unless we start looking after our Gaia.
2011-02-17 06:59 AM
Livefire
Re: PlanetSide Next Galaxy

Originally Posted by Jonny View Post
1. I'd rather not watch an episode of star trek, ever.

2. We're right on track to screw up the only planet we have thanks to man made climate change. So long for those future dreams unless we start looking after our Gaia.
Man made climate change lol, you mean the carbon tax scam don't you....
2011-02-17 07:19 AM
Jonny
Re: PlanetSide Next Galaxy

Originally Posted by Livefire View Post
Man made climate change lol, you mean the carbon tax scam don't you....
Oh god you are so misinformed.

If your another climate change denier go look up the scientific evidence of CO2 levels on the internet, look at our rain-forests being chopped down for a cheap buck, and wake up.
2011-02-17 07:47 AM
Manitou
Re: PlanetSide Next Galaxy

Originally Posted by Jonny View Post
Oh god you are so misinformed.

If your another climate change denier go look up the scientific evidence of CO2 levels on the internet, look at our rain-forests being chopped down for a cheap buck, and wake up.

Thread derailment warning!! Back on topic gentlemen!
2011-02-17 08:05 AM
Firefly
Re: PlanetSide Next Galaxy

I put on my robe and wizard hat. I fly my Galaxy through your climates with my invincible cock plus ten. I drop my load... of troops... on your base. We enter your base like a charging rhinoceros. You scream. We cap your base.

It was good.

Fuckin' Planetside. Hell yeah.
2011-02-17 08:22 AM
Jonny
Re: PlanetSide Next Galaxy

Back on topic. Galaxy looks awesome.
2011-02-26 07:02 AM
Tikuto
Re: PlanetSide Next Galaxy

Originally Posted by Tikuto
What if the Galaxy could go in and out of planet orbit?
  • Passengers and the pilot could change continents without a Warpgate (replacing Warpgates)
  • Galaxy would pierce down from above High Velocity zone (second ceiling) searing into the atmosphere.
  • Individual passengers (but not the pilot) could hotdrop to anywhere accessible independantly.
  • Reinforces the "greater pivotal role" of the Galaxy.


Just had another amazing thought...

What if the Galaxy could land on water?
From doing the survey for SOE two years ago, that surveys asks the importance of Water-based combat.
  • Pilot can land on water to pick-up water-based vehicles and infantry.
  • Galaxy could submerge? Why?
  • Reinforces the "greater pivotal role" of the Galaxy.
2011-02-26 07:14 AM
Tikuto
Two Drivers?

The Reaver clearly has two seats. Look more closely into the cockpit of the Galaxy -- does the Galaxy have two cockpit seats?!

[the Galaxy (unfinished)]

Anyone noticed this yet?!
2011-02-26 07:26 AM
Canaris
Re: Two Drivers?

Originally Posted by Tikuto View Post
The Reaver clearly has two seats. Look more closely into the cockpit of the Galaxy -- does the Galaxy have two cockpit seats?!

[the Galaxy (unfinished)]

Anyone noticed this yet?!
Sure have 2nd page of this topic picture of the Galaxy breakdown, think they wondering the same as it was the histroic tail gunner spot
Reply


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:21 AM.

Content © 2002-2013, PlanetSide-Universe.com, All rights reserved.
PlanetSide and the SOE logo are registered trademarks of Sony Online Entertainment Inc. © 2004 Sony Online Entertainment Inc. All rights reserved.
All other trademarks or tradenames are properties of their respective owners.
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.