SOE Live Interview with Matt Higby - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter Google+ YouTube Steam Xfire TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: STOP THE INSANITY!!!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Facebook Connect
Notices
Social
SOE Live Interview with Matt Higby Bookmark and Share

Jennyboo and I have returned from SOE Live 2012 and it was an amazing event, we enjoyed meeting so many PlanetSide 2 Fans! Matt Higby was kind enough to sit down with us for a short interview. We discussed a variety of topics from this thread.

Stay tuned for a new episode of AGN: Instant Action later this week with Jennyboo and I. We will be covering the awesome events from SOE Live and our trip to San Diego.

67 comments
2012-10-23 11:09 AM
Latest Comments
2012-10-25 12:33 AM
Tatwi
Re: SOE Live Interview with Matt Higby

Originally Posted by Hamma View Post
If you want to ask the "Hard Questions" feel free to Tweet @mhigby
But... but... I can't seem to cram my question into 140 characters and have it be useful.

PS. I hope you're not lumping me in with the bitter vets. I actually like BFRs and PS2 (even though it plays like royal ass on my computer).
2012-10-25 01:35 AM
Ruffdog
Re: SOE Live Interview with Matt Higby

Hamma when Higs said no sanctuaries, it sounded like you said "crap". I guess now you didn't say that
2012-10-25 02:08 AM
LONGFELLA KOJ
Re: SOE Live Interview with Matt Higby

Originally Posted by Hamma View Post
It's clear you are both ignorant and don't realize this is a fan website and the questions were submitted by fans.

Let me make it clear one more time.. The questions were submitted on this forum by THIS community.

I'm not a bitter veteran pissed off they didn't release PlanetSide 1 in a new skin and I'd love it if those of you who are just stopped posting.

I also don't work for SOE and don't want a job with them. I give frank often negative feedback directly quite a bit actually. I am a representative of the community, my role? To represent the community and ask the questions they want asked. At this point bitter angry veterans are not representative of the community and are going to be left behind faster than you can say "PlanetSide 2"

I'd much rather put my focus on bringing new players into this awesome community and game than being ostracized by the vocal minority because I didn't represent their questions or ask where "Player Inventories" or "Sanctuaries" are.

Are there problems with this game? Yes. Are they going to result in the failure of the game? No. The game is not done when it's released.. in fact it will never be done.

If you want to ask the "Hard Questions" feel free to Tweet @mhigby


Not to butt in here but wasn't it all "those" players who were supporters of Planetside-universe up until the day you flipped it to Planetside 2 central? I wouldn't just shrug them off. People loved Planetside 1, you cannot fault them for taking the opportunity to voice their opinons on a forum (set up by you btw) And don't just throw them under the bus because the prettier girl decided to sit down next to you on the bus to school.

Planetside 2 for me is a beautiful game. It's got alot going for it. I just hope the aim is to create a game that makes new and old players happy. Not just another HaloBattlefieldModernCallofduty shooter that seems to get pumped out every 3 months.

Right now as it stands, Planetside 2, while beautiful, has half the strategic game play of even Tribes 1 from 1998.

I'm not a bitter vet, infact have been trying to play the game and get to know it. But, I really want to crave playing this game like I did with Planetside 1 back in 2003-2011. And right now, I don't. Who knows, after launch maybe I'll get the stuff that appeals to me more.
2012-10-25 02:49 AM
Levente
Re: SOE Live Interview with Matt Higby

Originally Posted by LONGFELLA KOJ View Post
Not to butt in here but wasn't it all "those" players who were supporters of Planetside-universe up until the day you flipped it to Planetside 2 central? I wouldn't just shrug them off. People loved Planetside 1, you cannot fault them for taking the opportunity to voice their opinons on a forum (set up by you btw) And don't just throw them under the bus because the prettier girl decided to sit down next to you on the bus to school.

Planetside 2 for me is a beautiful game. It's got alot going for it. I just hope the aim is to create a game that makes new and old players happy. Not just another HaloBattlefieldModernCallofduty shooter that seems to get pumped out every 3 months.

Right now as it stands, Planetside 2, while beautiful, has half the strategic game play of even Tribes 1 from 1998.

I'm not a bitter vet, infact have been trying to play the game and get to know it. But, I really want to crave playing this game like I did with Planetside 1 back in 2003-2011. And right now, I don't. Who knows, after launch maybe I'll get the stuff that appeals to me more.
then dont butt in xddd
2012-10-25 04:01 AM
texico
Re: SOE Live Interview with Matt Higby

Lol, I can't shake the impression with Higby that he's a smart guy. Being tired and letting the charisma drop, it was even more obvious.
2012-10-25 07:32 AM
Valcron
Re: SOE Live Interview with Matt Higby

Originally Posted by LONGFELLA KOJ View Post
Not to butt in here but wasn't it all "those" players who were supporters of Planetside-universe up until the day you flipped it to Planetside 2 central? I wouldn't just shrug them off. People loved Planetside 1, you cannot fault them for taking the opportunity to voice their opinons on a forum (set up by you btw) And don't just throw them under the bus because the prettier girl decided to sit down next to you on the bus to school.


This X 10. You cannot just shrug off what made Planertside 1 a special game. It's very simple actually, Planetside 2 will fail to capture the crowd it intends to capture. It is a failure on so many levels it's not even remotely funny.
2012-10-25 07:35 AM
Valcron
Re: SOE Live Interview with Matt Higby

Originally Posted by texico View Post
Lol, I can't shake the impression with Higby that he's a smart guy. Being tired and letting the charisma drop, it was even more obvious.
What do you mean by this>?
2012-10-25 08:10 AM
Hamma
Re: SOE Live Interview with Matt Higby

I'm not shrugging anyone off or lumping anyone in particular in and I know who my supporters are and have been. But I am tired of the constant railing on the same issues over and over again that will never be in the game. I am not shrugging ANYTHING off but I am a realist, I know what PlanetSide 2 is and is meant to be. It has to appeal to the masses and not just PlanetSide Veterans. PlanetSide 1 was not a success for SOE they aren't repeating it design for design.

They have tons of plans of things to add, meta game being one of the big ones. So corral those horses is all I'm saying, I am not going to be the representative of the community who rails into Matt or Smed everytime you guys don't like something.

And in fact I never have been that guy.. why would I start now? I don't get involved in those because I know how much sway I have with the community. I'd rather take a back seat and facilitate the arguments and debates than participate.

It's mildly offensive when someone tries to tell me I am not doing what I set out to do.
2012-10-25 08:18 AM
Crator
Re: SOE Live Interview with Matt Higby

Originally Posted by Hamma View Post
I know what PlanetSide 2 is and is meant to be.
I confuse by that statement. It's a MMOFPS right?
2012-10-25 08:19 AM
Hamma
Re: SOE Live Interview with Matt Higby

Nope an MMORPG.
2012-10-25 08:30 AM
Rolfski
Re: SOE Live Interview with Matt Higby

Angry PS1 vets should take a better notice at this video because at the 8:45 mark, Higby pretty much explains why this game cannot be a PS1 remake: PS1 mechanics like a lattice system just wouldn't work with the amount of players PS2 is going after.
2012-10-25 11:34 AM
MrBloodworth
Re: SOE Live Interview with Matt Higby

How would he know, they never tried it. Hex was in, and going to be IT from day one.
2012-10-25 12:17 PM
J Baley
Re: SOE Live Interview with Matt Higby

Man, Higby looks tired. Thanks for doing the interview Hamma!
2012-10-25 01:08 PM
Tatwi
Re: SOE Live Interview with Matt Higby

Originally Posted by J Baley View Post
Man, Higby looks tired. Thanks for doing the interview Hamma!
In retrospect, perhaps we should have pitched in to buy him a massage, a nap, and a cup of coffee instead of doing yet another interview with him. That would have set the PSU community apart from the rest of the fans!
2012-10-25 02:09 PM
Hamma
Re: SOE Live Interview with Matt Higby

Reply


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:58 AM.

Content © 2002-2013, PlanetSide-Universe.com, All rights reserved.
PlanetSide and the SOE logo are registered trademarks of Sony Online Entertainment Inc. © 2004 Sony Online Entertainment Inc. All rights reserved.
All other trademarks or tradenames are properties of their respective owners.
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.