Below are Frequently Asked Questions about our KeyExchange.
- I got a key now what?
- My key is in use what do I do?
- Where do I find my key?
- It says I have already obtained a key, what do I do?
- There are no more keys! What do I do?
- It says my key is in use! What do I do?
- I entered my key and I can't download the game!
- Can I get in trouble if someone abuses my key?
- How can I see who got my keys?
- How do I obtain keys to donate?
I got a key now what?
Once you have retrieved a beta key go here and enter your key under the "Redeem Key" section on the right side of the screen. Once you have redeemed your key, you must then wait for the beta to start. You will receive an email from SOE which will give you instructions for accessing the beta.
My key is in use what do I do?
Please use our contact form and select KeyExchange issue so that we can resolve it.
It says I have already obtained a key, what do I do?
Needless to say we have a variety of checks in place to keep the service safe and fair. If you receive an error such as this chances are you already did obtain a key. But in some cases it is an error. Don't panic! Please use our contact form to report the error to the staff. Additionally if you are a long time member we do not allow you to obtain a beta key since likely you are already in beta via veteran status.
The full requirements are as follows:
- At least one forum post is required. Spam is not acceptable, player introductions are.
- Registered on PlanetSide Universe at least six hours.
- Registered after Jan 1, 2007. (we assume you are a PlanetSide 1 veteran)
- Have not donated key (if you donated one, why do you need one?)
There are no more keys! What do I do?
Keys are distributed on a first come first serve basis. If there are no keys available your best chance at getting one is to continue trying the form until one is donated by a developer or user who has obtained one. We will also Tweet and share on Facebook when keys are added to the database. Community members may add keys to the database from time to time, so keep and eye on the page. Please DO NOT request keys via the forums, threads will be deleted upon creation.
It says my key is in use! What do I do?
The key exchange is a community driven program and occasionally keys are donated that were given away by accident. In some cases we can replace the key but in most cases we do not have any available. If you get a key that is in use please use the contact form.
How can I see who got my keys?
Head on over to the KeyExchange page, at the bottom it lists who has obtained a key from you.
How do I obtain keys to donate?
Currently Developers and some Community Members have keys and can donate them. There is no specific place to obtain them at this time. IF YOU DONATE KEYS Please be sure that you have NOT given them to someone else! This reduces the key pool for other users.
Are we missing something on the FAQ? Please let us know!