PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - 'Unfair' or 'Overpowered' weapons.
View Single Post
Old 2003-06-03, 04:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #59
Zarparchior
Dragoon Admiral

Originally posted by Arakiel
The striker needs some fixing in the sense that right now it's being carried on virtually every TR soldier's back for a good reason.

Other than that, most weapons are fine. The new Jackhammer's effective but not overpowered.
I can back this up by saying that quite literally every other TR infantry had that strapped to his back. When walking from the tower (under our control, no TR there) to the base we were trying to capture (neutral, no TR in there either), I would be targeted (missle lock) EVERY time. They were just to the north of the tower, at an AMS of theirs. It only takes 3 shots to take out a full armor'd MAX, compared to the 6 shots of the slow firing Lancer... But I don't need to go into the VS, as I was playing the NC at the time.

But it has finally happend... or at least is in the process of. The TR are losing the "Cowboy Syndrome" and becoming organized... Not only do they have superior weapons and MAXs, but they're actually using THEIR BRAIN now! You know what I see? Two reavers and two prowlers camping a tower. Let's see right here... 3 (Prowler) + 3 + 1 (Reaver) + 1 + 2 (AI and AV MAXs)... okay, full squad of people. They can keep 30 people in that tower nigh indefinitely with their only concern being ammo - not that they need to worry about that though. As soon as they kill most of the people and their respawn times are long enough, the MAXs will just waltz in there, destroy the spawn tubes (or camp them, depending on situation) and leisurely take tower.

I've seen this happen several times playing against TR and a few times when playing against NC. I have never seen the VS use this tactic...

I want to love this game. I really do... but either my entire team is a bunch of MORONS or we don't have the BR available to be as versatile as the other teams... and if we are never able to cap any bases to GET the exp points... then... er... yeah. I guess we're SoL, eh?

I'm a good/veteran player. I know what counters what. If I could magically switch to the Lancer / Lasher when outdoors, have a Decimator / Lasher indoors while being able to have my Magrider and Reaver when traveling (being teh magicol adv. medic / combat engineer I am) I would. But I can't, so I won't.

What is the point of this post? Good question. Another one is what is the point of this game? Havin' fun, doin' stuff, and beatin' up dem bad guys, yah? Then why limit the players so badly early on? Why not even the playing field? I mean, 23CPs are a lot to spend... Some may even say that it eliminates the need of a squad and makes this player so versatile that he's quite a bit stronger than some newb at BR3. I'm not asking for the mooon - but if advancement to BR10 can be fairly quick and then slow waaaaay doooowwwnn (because the exp treadmill is the only way to make a MMO, as we all know ) then both sides of the boat can stay above the water.