PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - SOE balancing TR MAXs!
View Single Post
Old 2003-06-06, 11:58 AM   [Ignore Me] #92
Ducimus
Sergeant

For the record, i don't use a MAX.

I don't like this nerf for 2 reasons.

1.) it effects the TR's total force composition as a whole

2.) the pissy whiners got their way.

I tend to look at the big picture, not in terms of 1 vs 1.

Now what worries me is total force, and its application. NC tends to be well organzied, at least on my server. They tend to use combined arms to a much higher degree. (IE using land based attack vehicles in conjunction with air and infantry)

Outdoors we have a fair fight, Most TR infantry carry a striker. This makes their land and air assaults more difficult. A jackhammer isnt as much of an issue.

Now in my experience NC seems to try and deliberatly get us locked inside, be it a tower or base to press their advantage in their AI max and jackhammer. Infantry vs infantry, we are outgunned. Once they have us in a choke point, they turn everything into shredded meat. A cycler vs a jackhammer isnt a good fight, and they know this. Thats where our MAX comes into play. It was what saved our bacon.

Generally speaking, most heavy infantry battles are at 50Meteres or less. Sometimes you'll get in those fun outdoor battles, but eventaully your back at the tower. Overall, i feel NC equpiment is better than our own considering where most battles eventually end up at. Fighting NC in CQB is tantamount to murder. Right now i feel the only reason they dont dominate everything outright, is simply because TR has more numbers.