PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - ANTs and NTU Silos
View Single Post
Old 2003-01-31, 06:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
chaos1428
Master Sergeant

I am really not too worried about it GETTING done, as I'm sure people will do it. I'm more concerned about it going neutral after a certain time has expired. Yes, it adds more depth, wth supply lines, and such, but it just measn an attacking force just has to "wait them out". Essentially, you wouldn't even need to attack. You could just cut off the supply lines, killing the ANTS, and thats it. The base goes neutral, take yer guys in, and take the base.

My question would be, whent he base is taken, does it have juice? Would base assault have to include an ANT parked in the bushes, waiting for your team to take the base?

Lets say, NC is defending the base from an attacking TR force, and the base flips to neutral. NC hacker hacks it, and its NC's again. Will it just imediatly flip back to neutral because theres no power, or will it start a new timer? If it just imediately flips back, then in order to cap the base, the TR attacking force will have to have an ANT parked outside, waiting. Meaning someone will have to guard it the whole assault. If it starts a new timer, then why not just let the power run out? You get a free dose every 15 minutes (time it takes to hack it)

the only answer to these questions is beta, so I guess we will just have to see. At least it gives us something new to talk about.