PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Okay, this EVE game thingy...
View Single Post
Old 2007-09-10, 11:19 AM   [Ignore Me] #20
Rbstr
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Misc Info
Re: Okay, this EVE game thingy...

Your right, you will never, ever, catch up. However your completely wrong in it's implications.

So what if you don't catch up in Skill point terms. You can only use so many of those SP in any particular situation. Yes older players are far more versatile but that often means little in actual confrontation. It far more often comes down to the more organized gang, the better plan and properly fitted ships. Remember it takes a fraction of the time to get a lvl4 skill than a lvl 5, and that puts you withing 2%-5% of the maximum.

I started 2 years after the game began. I was very competitive within a specialization(interceptors) in less than 6 months.
Now I'm about as skilled as anyone gets in a particular race, except for capital ships and some ridiculous level 5 skills, but instead of doing those I've cross trained to other races.

If I could, I'd actually pair down my skill points, I don't use a number of my skills totaling to a few million SP. I'd save a lot of money when I get podded.

I started an alt this summer in july. I'm just about into tech 2 mining barges already. As it stands, mining ice with corp mates(tech 1 retriever) I make a assload of isk on a noobtard of a character.

The key to this game is to make friends and realize that the big stuff takes time. With a good corp to help you out your already highly competitive within a couple months.

All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.