PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Prestige System in PS:N
View Single Post
Old 2011-02-25, 09:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
KayOneElRoy
Private

Re: Prestige System in PS:N

Absolutely not, I hated it in CoD and I'll hate it in Planetside.

It just encourages rank whores and exp farming/exploits. Say you can prestige 10 times. A lot of people will just exploit different glitches/cheats in the game (much like they do in CoD) in order prestige faster. Also if any weapon happens to be OP'd it will be widely used, and the prestige mode will only encourage empire hoping (to alternate characters) with each new patch (and new exploits that come along with those patches). It will not promote better game play, it will only interfere with it.

What it could do is provide a certain degree of re-playability, but Planetside can do this in different ways such as an achievement list (like CoD 4 had, with no prestige included.). You could unlock different cosmetics/emblems/color schemes/weapons skins from completing achievement categories 100%. This will enhance re-playability, and it will reduce BR whoring (as BR points won't be useful once you reach the top level). It will also encourage using all of the different vehicles and weapons in the game for an extended amount of time, instead of only using the weapons with the highest killing potentials.

Perhaps they could include an achievement list prestige reset, but they should never add an exp based prestige reset.

Last edited by KayOneElRoy; 2011-02-25 at 09:38 PM.