PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - [Chainfall Original] Air Cruisers: Next
View Single Post
Old 2011-03-02, 02:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Re: [Chainfall Original] Air Cruisers: Next

Originally Posted by brinkdadrink View Post
I think giant air ships would be great but so were the thought of giant robots. If implemented right could change the tides of war but still be balanced.
The obvious problem with giant robots was that they were in the ground game, airships wouldn't necessarily be in the ground game.

My thoughts to add would be
- 2 man crew just to move it. It can hover in place without anyone but needs atleast 2 guys to actually move (one pilot and one spotter i guess at specific stations)
I haven't posted it up yet, but I had bridge crew assignments set up to take care of keeping it from being too easy to control. Commander to unlock the rest of the bridge, Helmsman to Steer, Engineer to manage damage control and fine tune energy output, Tactical to coordinate gunnery fire and to control the Heavy weapons (lock on torpedo style antiship weapons), and the rest of the crew would be gunning, or doing repairs, or even just hanging out in the observation lounge overlooking the ground battle.

- put a timer on it. Dont just make it a lot of outfit points but also make it so you can only get 1 per month or 2 months. If that was the case then you can have them be the beast of the sky because if you lose it you lose it for a long time.
Absolutely, the only way to avoid the timer would be to voluntarily return your current airship to the empire for an upgrade.

- Add a giant air cannon to bases so if you want to park overtop of a base without dieing quickly, you need to take that out first (make it slow fire, long range, only shoot upwards, no splash damage so hard to hit small aircraft such as mos and reaver)
I have a better idea than starting a balance war between air cruisers and the ground game. Allow infiltration, but only from actual infiltrators. Not just mossie hotdroppers. Only a cloaked Phantasm would get through the defense shield (assuming there is one). Mere hotdroppers would just be vaporized by the shield.

- Make mandatory for all large hard ports to be the same. So if you choose to come in against ground then all the guns are ground so there is a weakness but will still take a lot to kill.
None of the weapons are intended to engage a ground target.

Again think would be a great idea but needs to be perfected before throwing it in like the BFR's
Absolutely, and I will be adding more Addendums as the polish gets applied.