PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - [Chainfall Original] Air Cruisers: Next
View Single Post
Old 2011-03-02, 02:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Re: [Chainfall Original] Air Cruisers: Next

Originally Posted by DviddLeff View Post
Here is my take on the concept (can be found in my New Vehicles page, at the bottom).

They would be used as respawn points, and would have many weapon systems which the users can tailor to their needs. Say for example the user wants to sit back and act as a safe base behind friendly lines then they could equip it with artillery or shields, while an air base commander might want to equip mainly AA weaponry and ensure air dominance during an offensive.

They would have rooms and corridors inside, including vital systems that the enemy can knock out such as generators, control console, etc. The enemy can also capture and commandeer super heavy vehicles, if they can kill the crew and get past the defences to capture the control console. However, they must capture it quickly, otherwise the crew can set off a self destruct timer from the vehicles main console. The control console can also be used by platoon commanders to direct troops, just like base CCs and CAMSs detailed in the Command Overhaul.

They could also simply be destroyed either by pouring enough fire into it from outside, or sending troops inside to destroy the generators and rendering the vehicle inactive (destroying the generator will cause it to crash and unless it is hovering low it will be destroyed on impact). If the vehicle survives the impact damage it could be used as a base still, but until both generators are back on line it would not be able to fly again.

The vehicle would also crash if it ran out of NTUs, and would have to be filled up periodically, either by travelling to a warp gate or by the players bringing NTUs in another manner (see NTU Overhaul).

These would be a large investment in outfit credits (say 10,000 credits), and gaining one would not be a nightly occurrence for even large outfits, it might take days of fighting to afford one (see Outfit Overhaul for details on outfit credits). However, they can be parked and locked up, acting as a stationary base for the faction to defend. These would be purchased from a factions Sanctuary, through a new, extremely large vehicle pad.

Outfit Cruiser (~11 Players)
  • Air Vehicle bay (with tech plant benefit)
  • Spawn Point
  • 2x Generators
  • Equipment Terminals
  • Command Console
  • 6 Medium Hard points
  • 4 Large Hard points
  • Landing bay
  • Matrix Panel
  • Hot Drop Tubes

(See the Vehicle Hard Point System for hard point options)

In the images above the cruiser has been outfitted by its VS owners with 4 Heavy Rail Beams in its Heavy Hard Points to strike ground armour and 6 20mm Recoilless Cannons for AA defence.
That looks more like the Forward Command Base idea I had to replace AMSes.

This is more the Air Cruiser speed:

(Not necessarily to scale)