PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Just found these two pics on Tony Park's blog
View Single Post
Old 2011-05-19, 04:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
BorisBlade
First Lieutenant

Re: just found these two pics on Tony Park`s blog

Originally Posted by Sirisian View Post
I got the game when it came out. Even at max population fighting was generally pretty localized to one base or tower with 266 people spread out in an area.

However! I see your point. We're supposed to be having larger battles so why would the maps shrink? I want 1000 players at least.
133 per side are current pop lock numbers, it used to be closer to 500 total if all three empires pop locked it. (the exact number is escaping me atm) So that space was used alot. Plus having some bases closer and some farther and the terrain between them really changes how each fight plays out and adds to the variety.

The cont size on most conts was about right. Ish may be a bit big but it also had a ton of bases. Knowing vehicle flight speeds, you could do a few timed runs on a few conts to get a rough idea on the current sizes. And i hope to god they arent doin anything based on what a crappy PS3 can handle, those things are so massively outdated and old its not worth the loss in quality. The abysmally low RAM alone holds em back big time, not to mention the ancient graphics cards they have. (7800 gt approx)

Last edited by BorisBlade; 2011-05-19 at 04:15 PM.