PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Wishlist Meatagame - Raiding - Crafting
View Single Post
Old 2011-06-03, 06:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
hzymind
Private

Wishlist Meatagame - Raiding - Crafting

Ideas to keep Planeside interesting.

1. Terrain
A. Outdoor terrain
The best way to release new terrain/content would be to stick with the planets over the continents. Then release new planets as (being discovered by scientists, astrophysics while searching for Earth) new terrain.

B. Indoor Terrain
A. Since %70 of battles take place inside bases its imperative to have them unique. Preferably no 2 tech plants would be close to the same. But this is a business so, at least every planets tech bases should be completely different.
B. User created content?

2. Metagame
A galactic map, like what we already have, but the requirement of wormholes to reach destination planets. the # of wormholes is an equation of players online. Outfits can vote to open/ close wormholes. If a enemy opens a wormhole to one of your planets, you get a free one to the same planet. This should help control ghost hacks and low pop count.

Able to use outfit points to achieve effects on planets, longer respawn via fighter screen, 1 min of no respawn via orbital emp detonation, etc.. needs balancing.

3.Factories
Allow outfits to upgrade bases with outfit points (to factories) Or introduce a new base type factory to produce/manufacture parts. Parts that can be used to unlock new or enemy weapons, vehicles, implants. These strong manufacturing centers are also key targets for raids. As such outfits have an additional bind to them to protect in case of a raid. Also able to lay CE before heading off to fight elsewhere.

4.Raids
Raids are used by outfits to reach beyond the range limitations of wormholes and attack rear planets and target factories to steal parts or Laboratories to steam schematics . This is not instanced, but since there is a delay switching planets, except for the owning outfit who is bound there it will be almost outfit vs outfit.

• Are used by outfits
• Attack rear/home planets
• Can send only a limited mass of soldiers/vehicles through (upgradeable via parts)
• cannot transport respawning tech due to instability in technology (can upgrade with parts& schematics to get around?)
• cool down
• Outfit vs Outfit combat until reinforcements arrive.
• Raiders have a average of 10 min to get into base and hack out parts from a factory or schematics from a laboratory or techplant and retreat until reinforcements arrive
• When your outfit factory is being attacked, you get a recall order to defend it.
• NOT INSTANCED
• outfits can spend points to use a Metagame fighter screen to delay new planet reinforcements
• does not use a Metagame player count wormhole.
• Destroys all remaining items in factory? (if you blow a certain terminal in the factory?)

5. Parts
Stolen via raiding, perhaps can be extracted from empire specific vehicles with the right certs? Or drive a enemy hacked vehicle to a certain base type to reverse engineer it = parts
Are used to craft...
• New armor
• New weapons
• with enough parts and {fresh} schematics, Empire specifics.

To prevent hoarding powerful items. All newly crafted items immediately begin to (quantum unravel??) rendering them useless in x days. certain crafting certs will extend this.

6. Schematics
Are Raided from Tech plant/ Labs on home world, same as parts. but are the designs on how to build/upgrade special equipment.
• Are only good for x amount of time, Since they are digital copies the victims empire will change the code on them after xTime
• are required along with parts to build most items/vehicles

7. Crafting
Okay so you have these parts and schematics, now what? All I have are ideas but I favor the top one. I think it would be cool to see what everyone is crafting. Like a observation deck to see the vehicles being spawned and guns crafted.

• A neutral Space station in the galaxy where you craft what you can while defending the "galactic constructor" and loading what you made into ships and escaping.
• On the ground with specific certs
• A capturable space station
• A Non hostile communal space station for all 3 empires
• at a techplant.

8. Endgame
Let us kill another faction. Invade their home world, blow all their gens. Dead. Whenever 1 faction is eliminated the game resets. The faction with the most planets, or outfit points, or whatever of the 2 surviving empires get metals, and achievements , and parts and bragging rights. If 2 empires are grief camping the losing 3rd empire, along with a GM the top 20 outfits leaders can vote to surrender their faction thus triggering the end game event as well.

9. Hacking
I always though hacking would be cool to have a simple 2 player minigame that you had to play to hack the cc. Like a pipes game, and the defending player would be able to change x amount of tiles or rotate some to slow down the offensive hacker.

This is just a wish list / brain dump. Please don't take the quantities or amounts listed to be accurate nor balanced. If I stole someone's idea, I'm just getting it some air. Planeside is a great game and I cannot wait for Next to be released.

Hzymind VS
since Beta bitches