PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Wishlist Meatagame - Raiding - Crafting
View Single Post
Old 2011-06-04, 01:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
hzymind
Private

Re: Wishlist Meatagame - Raiding - Crafting

Originally Posted by Furret View Post
No crafting.

crafting will lead to whoring/farming/grinding, and nobody wants that in an FPS
whoring / farming / grinding

Whoring would be qsudo negated by the timer on crafted objects. And would encourage you to hurry up and craft your parts vs whore them. Interestingly a side effect would Likely be outfit members trading/ chipping in their soon to expire parts for the common good of the outfit. Running with this idea it would be cool to add a tracker to see who is donating the most to the outfit and who is leaching from the outfit.

Farming
Seems like the most obvious way to farm would be to repeatly use the outfit raid system. This does cost a fair amount of finite outfit points to use, and costs more to purchase the metagame bonus of a fighter screen to delay the reinforcements to make the raid more successable. The reason I added this was a way to use outfit points becides a decal.

Or farming of parts could acure by capping bases all day,which is the objective if the game… or people could try to cap undefended basses solution for the parts, to defend this, tie the material parts directly to the amount of defenders al la bep.

Grinding,
I could use a example how adding crafting would cause grinding. Since it is mainly just another reward for capping bases.

Any other ideas of what you would like crafting limited to? Or reasons you don't want it at all?