PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - News: Matt Higby doing a Q&A at reddit!
View Single Post
Old 2011-07-10, 11:46 AM   [Ignore Me] #61
Tvayda
Private

Re: Matt higby doing a q&a at redit!

I don't have a reddit account and it seems people were posting questions for others if someone would be kind enough to post this for me, I'd appreciate it. So here goes:

I've been a PS1 player for years on and off, and have always been heavy into the AirCav side of things since I have always wanted to be and am now in the process of becoming a pilot for the Air Force so my questions are all about Aircraft stuff for PS2.
1: When it was mentioned in the Q&A that aircraft will have real physics and be able to do barrel rolls and loops and stuff, does that also include galaxies being able to drop their rear ramp and let whatever they are carrying be able to fire out the back and then just roll out and deploy a 'chute or landing jets or w/e you all decide to use if they wanted?
2: How realistic is this physics engine? I mean, a 747 can technically do a barrel roll in real life (its been done, ive seen it), granted while losing tons of altitude and with no passengers, so will galaxies/other large aircraft function the same way?
3: will all aircraft still be VTOL (vertical take off/landing) like in PS1?
4: What will the altitude ceiling be like/ how will it function? Meaning will it be like in PS1 where it immediately forces you down, or will it be more realistic where it stalls your aircraft and you eventually start falling out of the sky and need to restart the engine or eject?
5: In some of the art shown for PS2 there are giant flying fortresses like in BF2142 with the titans, will those actually be in game?

And I think I'm done for now. Thanks again for deciding to make PS2, I'm really stoked about it and good luck with development.

And thanks to whoever reddits this (if anyone does).