PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - It's been a week. What do you fear?
View Single Post
Old 2011-07-18, 01:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #47
Chaff
Contributor
Second Lieutenant

Re: It's been a week. What do you fear?

I fear PS2 won't be PlanetSide at all.

I fear change - SOE - driven not to make PS2, but rather bastardize the PS name and simply make a new game based on popular shooters currently dominating the marketplace - at the EXPENSE of what made PS1 great. SOE will go for the features that will capture & retain the most new players.

I fear headshots.
If 1-shot kills must exist....a sniper should have a 3-minute post-kill blinking light (like a LLU run) on the map...at least in a limited range (anyone within 500 meters can "see" a sniper after a headshot kill). This may help prevent too much headshot action dominating/ruining PS2. Headshots should be very rare - or gameplay will be annoying, or worse.

I fear something akin to a loss or diminishment of Cont-Lock

I fear a PS2 where Gal-Drops occur less than PS1

I fear a PS2 where they sacrifice membership by charging too much. More players = better action = more enrollment via word-of-mouth.

I fear PS2 will ruin the CERT & Inventory sytem most players loved in PS1

I fear PS2 will not do enough to eliminate 1-man hacks. A base hack should require a minimum of 1 (or 2 ?) full squads. Tower hack ? Require at least 1/2 of a squad.

I fear PS2 will do nothing to tone down farming - maybe it's the players who are guilty here.

I like the idea of older/more experienced players getting more. 20% sounds too high. Maybe closer to 10%. Not an overwhelming advantage - just a perk & reward for staying in the game.

I fear PS1. After a while......for some, it took a few weeks or months......for others it took a year or more.....eventually the never-ending back-and-forth gets boring.

Somehow, I think the game needs to have a bigger reward or sense of accomplishment than multiple Cont-Locks. For every Cont your empire unlocks you get an enemy vehicle & weapon open to your empire - until you lose that cont.

...and why no Sanctuary ? It was a good place to chill, train, recruit, or wait for your Outfit to show up for a raid.