PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Planetside 2 System Requirements?
View Single Post
Old 2011-07-20, 03:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #30
Bags
Lieutenant General

Re: Planetside 2 System Requirements.?

Originally Posted by Chaff View Post
I think so, but I'm not a tech-head.

I talked myself into 2 of the NVIDIA 590's....cuz they're 3 GB/ea...and my BB tells me MORE is always better. Also, the 990 OC's well.....if COOLING is aggressively addressed. I could safely run it in the 4.2 range. They make liquid cooling for cards now. I was affraid to fry my stuff before.

Cyber PC built my last gamer. I like them, but you have to stay on them during and post-build. They have some sweet liquid cooling options.

If I went with 2 of the 6970's (2GB/ea) it would save me roughly $800 off my rig.

Hell, I'm talking (delusional babbling ?) about a $5,000+ rig and I'm average (at best) at PS. I appreciate and value quality.

I know when I die in PS that I suck.

With an optimized machine I'd know my PC gave me every chance it could to win - but, on the other hand - I'd have less validity to deny how lame I am when I keep geting pwned.

whatever

I could enjoy the "pretty" and enhanced graphics - dead, or alive.

The longer they delay in PS2's launch, the more I'll have saved.
Something tells me 3GB of VRAM is unnecessary unless you have some outrageous resolution. But if you can afford it... meh why not?

Whenever the specs are announced I'll be upgrading my E7300 and 2gb of DDR 2 800 mhz ram to something much more modern.

I don't plan on being able to max it with good fps, but as long as I can get a steady 60 fps with the game not looking like complete shit I'll be content.