PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - News: Massively Interviews Tramell "T-Ray" Isaac
View Single Post
Old 2011-10-03, 02:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #55
Raymac
Brigadier General

Re: Massively Interviews Tramell "T-Ray" Isaac

When I was looking at my new Indar sunset wallpaper this weekend, I couldn't help but think that there is going to be no way the game can look this good and not lag to hell. I mean in 2003, I did my very first computer part upgrade specifically for Planetside, and I still turned every single video option to the bare minimum to scrape together every single frame per second I could. I even turned off the awesome music just to get a 1-2 fps increase.

I have faith that the devs want to make sure the game runs smooth and all, but it really is hard for me to wrap my head around PS2 looking that good but still having the smoothness that shooter players demand. That honestly is my only concern about the game at this point. The little stuff can get worked out, but lag would be a major problem. I'm excited to see just how well this game runs. (I'm already planning my budget to get the best GPU I can when PS2 is released)

Last edited by Raymac; 2011-10-03 at 03:31 PM.