PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - The downside of F2P (lol at the web comic)
View Single Post
Old 2011-10-09, 04:29 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
CutterJohn
Colonel

Re: The downside of F2P (lol at the web comic)

Originally Posted by Xyntech View Post
This is where team work needs to be head and shoulders above solo play.

I'm all for allowing solo play, even for tanks, I just don't want it to ever trump a well organized group.

Hopefully the class system makes medics able to be even more effective, along with making all the other classes also work really well in unison. Ideally, a well organized group should be able to take on at least twice their number in disorganized zerglings, even if there are one or two uber l33t bastards among the solo crowd.
I'm all for allowing solo play, but my preference clearly is more important and I want people who don't play the way I do to suffer some severe penalties because of it. If they're not playing the way I am, the correct way, then they clearly suck and don't deserve to compete with me.

That pretty much sum it up? You realize teamwork works right? There doesn't have to be actual mechanics supporting it, or something to push for it working. People working as a team will succeed more than those that do not. This is true in Every. Single. Game. Even the 'solo killwhore twitch games'. An awesome CS or Quake clan will wipe the floor with a team of awesome individual players who don't work together. Nothing extra is needed.

Last edited by CutterJohn; 2011-10-09 at 04:33 AM.