PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Star Wars the Old Republic. What do you think?
View Single Post
Old 2011-10-14, 03:58 AM   [Ignore Me] #68
I SandRock
Sergeant Major

Re: Star Wars the Old Republic. What do you think?

I followed this game since 2005 since it was only a "MMORPG rumor thread #x" on the bioware off topic forum. Since then, the game has really just gone down in greatness. They came back on a lot of their original ideas and plans and seemed to go more and more for concepts that were used in WoW already. Which is a shame because I've already played WoW to death.

Nonetheless, I'm still looking forward to the game. It shows a nice casual setting, the story IS nice to play through, I didn't spend any time looking at my xp bar wondering when I'll level up and the classes are really fun. And it's finally a sci-fi setting rather than those millions of fantasy games.
PvP doesn't seem to be turning into that much goods, I fear the open world pvp zone Illum has will just be like Wintergrasp, a glorified battleground on a timer.
But thats ok. Planetside 2 will sate my lust for carnage while SWTOR will just be casual group (co-op) fun.

Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
It sucks but they wanted to get it out in time for Christmas.
And I'm sure they'll get a nice phat christmas bonus :P