PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - News: Community Night November 2011 Recording!
View Single Post
Old 2011-12-04, 09:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #134
basti
Brigadier General

Misc Info
Re: Community Night November 2011 Recording!

Originally Posted by Peacemaker View Post
I hope the game can play well enough around the world so that we could have one server everyone can play on, I loved that about EVE-Online so many people from different parts of the world. Russians are insane. "Oh lets drink mad Vodka and fly this HAC into an enemy fleet!"
Thats clearly impossible for release and for many years after release. Eve has the benefit that it can have 1 to 10000 players in a single star system. While 10000 players fighting would cause serious lag, it would still be somewhat playable due to the point and click style of the game.
Now, playing a FPS with lag is no fun. But we wont even get to that point, as we cant put 10000 players on the same continent, as it would be rather crowded then. On top of that, there is a rather limited amount of continents, means you just can have so many players in your world.
Once they add more planets with more continents, servers could merge. But the global world server could only happen with the addition of space combat, because space is the only space where you have enough space.