PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - PlanetSide Next Reaver Exclusive
View Single Post
Old 2012-02-13, 04:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #319
Livefire
Staff Sergeant

Re: PlanetSide Next Reaver Exclusive

Originally Posted by Ailos View Post
OMG! PLZ 2 INCL00D MAH UBERAWESOMEZ FIREBALSS OF DETH! ...cuz non-instakill sux0rz.

What part of the reaver looks like an apache gunship to you? Is it the lack of rotating blades? Or maybe the jet-engine looking intakes?

Yeah its weapons system looks very similar to the Apache:

But so is this:

Why? Because they have similar roles. In the scope of this game, that would be the liberator. The reaver is my attack jet, so fuck off and quit necroing threads.
Well being the Russian Hokum is the Russian counter part of the US Apache because the Hind is old as hell and out of date that's a bad example and you made my point for me. The liberator as stated by the devs was designed after the c-130 attack with a 150 cal gun on the bottom that's totally different from what the Reaver is. Now it appears to me what they are doing is making the aircraft totally modifiable so the Reaver by putting different weapons on it can make it a interceptor to. Which is totally cool and futuristic but I'm just trying to make sure that when it is modded for a ground combat gunship that it works like one. No doubt this is what they where thinking when they put the rotating nose gun on it, some thing totally useless for a interceptor to have.

Last edited by Livefire; 2012-02-13 at 04:55 PM.