PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - News: Smed Tweets update on ProSieben Deal
View Single Post
Old 2012-02-29, 04:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #106
Kran De Loy
Captain

Re: Smed Tweets update on ProSieben Deal

Originally Posted by Xaine View Post
I'm fairly sure there will be EU residents in the beta. If they haven't mentioned that by now then there is really going to be a fucking shit-storm.

If they plan to allow people in Europe to play on US servers (like they say they're working towards) then they're going to want people in the EU to test US servers to check ping issues etc

I've said it before, as much as i love the PS2 team - this is still in the hands of the big wigs at the top of SoE, and i have unshakeable faith in those people to make absolutely fucking terrible decisions and colossal PR fuck-ups - i've watched them utterly destroy (SWG), neglect (PS1) and suck the life out of (EQ2) games for the past 10 years.

This was only reinforced by this fiasco the other day, blocking EU people from NA servers and vice-versa. Showing either a complete disregard and general lack of respect, thought and care for multi-national communities across several of their games (their paying customers for god knows how many years). Either that, or they just didn't even think about it and did it anyway.

I'm not sure which is more concerning.
iirc there hasn't been any comments about EU presence in the beta yet on the VIP tracker which is a very sad implication.

And yeah I agree with you about the Big Wigs regularly taking a dump all over their own enterprises.

Last edited by Kran De Loy; 2012-02-29 at 04:56 PM.