PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - News: Video of GDC Media Event
Thread: News: Video of GDC Media Event
View Single Post
Old 2012-03-09, 05:07 AM   [Ignore Me] #335
Bzak
Private

Re: Video of GDC Media Event

Originally Posted by megamold View Post

vehicle jacking might be in the game, they are just not sure on how to make it work since they dont know how to work the sidegrades on the tank you steal vs the ones you have ( Tray interview from GDC )

and Tray also said the teleporters were needed because otherwise it would take 15minutes to get from bottom floor to the top, and i dont see a reason why these wouldnt be destroyable like turrets, generators,.... ( also in gdc interview i think )

instant in/out is something that they might do in some future update if it was wanted, they felt there was more important things to do for beta then some time consuming animations. ( higby on the reddit Q&A i think)
I dont see what the problem is with vehicle jacking and the side grades. Just have all the vehicle side grades correspond to ones on the other empires and if you have the right certs you can drive the vehicle. If you dont you cant drive it, just like in ps1.
I saw the part about 15 minutes on the stairs and I think that is just poor base design then. Not that the bases are not awesome looking but I just find teleporters very arcade like and very easy to camp usually. Same thing with the shields for the spawns instead of a door. I do believe it was said you could still hack the shields and enter the enemy spawn. I think the lack of in/out animation and other animations makes the game just that less impressive and dosent seem to fit with most of what I am seeing with the game. I understand its not even in beta so maybe they wont cheep out on the animations.