PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Inventory and Resupply (Dropping Ammo)
View Single Post
Old 2012-03-10, 06:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #44
Figment
Lieutenant General

Re: Inventory and Resupply (Dropping Ammo)

I feel it is a much better mechanic to actually WORK for your resupply. ie. either you have to go back and collect some ammo from a supply point: apparently Sunderer or Galaxy - still under the impression we need an AMS - or equipment terminal, OR you have to kill an enemy that is "compatible" with your certification and loot their backpacks.

Now, I still don't get why that's not possible. If backpacks are too much graphically, make a less demanding graphic, or like in PS1, have them deconstruct sooner if there are too many on screen.

Hell, I wouldn't mind if looting was only possible as long as the person you shot was laying on the ground as a corpse and had not respawned or had not been revived yet.

Consequence of getting looted before revive is obvious: you force the enemy to return to a supply point instead of laying around waiting for a medic and that's a tactical opportunity/threat and choice for both sides.

If unlocked sidegrades are a problem for this system, just only pass over those sidegrades you already unlocked on the own empire, OR better yet, just default it to the standard, unadapted weapon variant with no extras.

Dropping your own ammo is to me like cheating. It's like putting two APCs in Advance Wars next to eachother: they resupply eachother fully when they're both almost out of fuel (and can resupply other units endlessly). It's sometimes a bit silly.