PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Submersion - enemy icons, communications and killspam.
View Single Post
Old 2012-03-13, 02:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
EVILPIG
Contributor
Colonel

Re: Submersion - enemy icons, communications and killspam.

Originally Posted by Skittles View Post
You're joking arent you EP? We've got a game thats gone from PS to BF w/new skins and you want no names overhead to create immersion? Come on man. We've got AoE healing grenades, ammo boxes being tossed around everywhere, sticky bombs, maxes doing suicide MCT rushes for spawns w/C4 strapped all over their asses. Jetpack INF, and so much more. I just DONT see name tags as anything remotely limiting in immersion for this new PS2. And, most if not all of that is being lapped up by the masses around here. You'd have a better chance of getting WWIIOL trademarked "parachuting dogs" in this game then no tags.

FYI, name tags/no tags is a toggle in WWIIOL, not necessarily the way the game comes out of the box. Its ctl+i for 'names-no names-unit spawned'.

Have a nice day.
Nothing in your first paragraph takes away from immersion, it's all futuristic. As for WWII Online, I'm an old school player, so that must have changed as they changed from it being a "simulator" to a "game".

www.planetside-devildogs.com