PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Could BFRs work better with the new resource system?
View Single Post
Old 2012-03-15, 06:15 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
Skitrel
Contributor
Captain

Re: Could BFRs work better with the new resource system?

Personally, if you're going to add Mechs then they need balancing. I'd say that mechs should be one of either two things. Close range vehicle support, they'd fight alongside the tanks providing extra firepower. In this scenario the mechs would be high armour but lower firepower than a tank, their role being to soak up fire. Or on the other hand, high powered and long range, a kind of bombarding vehicle, sitting way back behind the tanks blowing crap up with powerful weaponry, but very low armour.

OR you could have both, with 2 very distinct looking mechs, a small stumpy dwarflike roamer type mech perhaps for the close assault version and a tall gangly version for the high power long range but weak. Their stylistic design reflecting their roles and their strengths/weaknesses.

In this respect I think they can support vehicle play as an interesting alternative as well as a nice visual difference to see roaming the battlefield.

Mod: /r/gamernews
Join The Enclave: http://www.enclaveoilrig.com