PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Musical score?
Thread: Musical score?
View Single Post
Old 2012-03-19, 08:52 AM   [Ignore Me] #28
Shogun
Contributor
General

Re: Musical score?

boy this is nice!

don´s music was great. i played ps1 for at least 2 years without ever switching the music off. later i turned it down a little to ruin the day for those sneaky boomerlaying cloakers.

in movies the musical score and sound is as important as the video. and i am sure in videogames it´s of the same importance. especially if they do it like they did in ps1 again! the context sensitive music was a highlight and even affected gameplay because when the fight music started you knew you had to be aware of incoming enemys, and you knew when a base was captured without having to check the basecolor on the map all the time. it was great and rare ten years ago, and i am sure this will be as great today!

i hope don stays true to his work on ps1 and we veterans will get to recognise some old themes in the new music, just for the duckskin moments ;-)

there are some games and movies with music so great that it can bring back the same emotions even after years. planetside is one! as well as starwars, monkey island and starcontrol 2.

one of my greatest music-moments was a concert at a games convention in leipzig germany. they had a huge orchestra and played game-themes. starwars was no option for them because of copyright issues, but they played a lot of great things. from super mario to starship troopers and final fantasy. but my skin went all ducky when the jamaican steeldrum started the monkey island theme and the whole orchestra joined in. some planetside music would have been great, but i guess the game wasn´t popular enough.

stand tall, fight bold, wear blue and gold!