PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - News: Higgs GDC gametrailers interview
View Single Post
Old 2012-03-21, 05:17 AM   [Ignore Me] #68
Death2All
Major

Misc Info
Re: Higgs GDC gametrailers interview

I suppose my complaints are the same as everyone else's but...

The backstab is really disheartining. It really saddens me to see that in PS1, I really hope it's removed, or revised in a way where it's nearly useless. I've never found getting backstabbed in games to be very compelling or fun. You're just going about your business shooting, some guy happens to slip behind you and you're done. Now if they implemented some very loud cloaking noise, only allow them to backstab when they're uncloaked and have it make a very loud noise to alert players as others have suggested in this thread.

Spotting? Don't really enjoy it. I don't like little triangles all over my screen telling me where the enemy is. Kind of lame and takes the fun out of it.
As long as it's limited to a squad basis, can only spot one person at a time and have to spec pretty heavily in order to get it, I would be fine.
But if any noob right off the bat can spot people and you appear to the entire empire it would be incredibly lame.

As for the supposed Heavy Assault's ability to absorb damage, it sounds like it could be a pretty nifty mechanic, considering they're more like Tanks this time around. Although, that makes me wonder what the MAXes function is? Seems like that ability would be more suited for a MAX...Or maybe it's some sort of interchangeable shield upgrade you can put on your characters.

Death2AllVS/TR/NC
Rekeer
AliENaTiON