PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Confirmed: 9 Sanctuaries at launch.
View Single Post
Old 2012-03-27, 05:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #57
Stardouser
Colonel

Re: Confirmed: 9 Sanctuaries at launch.

Originally Posted by Malorn View Post
What we know of spawning...

1) you can always respawn at your foothold on the continent.
2) you can always respawn at the nearest facility
3) you can spawn at multiple options nearby - if there are no spawn options near by the search radius increases and it goes further and further out until it finds you a set of spawn points.

So basically you have local spawn points, however many there may be, a nearby facility, and the foothold.

That's a lot of spawn options but it doesn't exaclty allow you to spawn on another front - you'd still have to get a vehicle at the facility or foothold (whichever was closer) and then drive/fly to that front.
Well, there is a point to this once we get it all fleshed out, though I've lost track of it since I've been to the gym for the past hour. So here's the question I ask you: As you have confirmed "it doesn't exaclty allow you to spawn on another front", none of those options you list confirm that you can logout/die at one place in the game world, and then directly respawn at any owned and fully secured base in the game world. Then question then is, should a player be able to do that? Or, in order to change your operating area, should you always have to respawn at the foothold/home base/etc first?

I'm trying to put a very very fine and specific point on this, a point which I do not believe has been discussed though it probably has, like everything else...but the ultimate consequence of what I'm saying is, if word gets out that a certain base is under attack, should people be able to immediately choose to respawn there for defense? Or, to immediately spawn at a front line base to form up for an offensive? You see, when I was plugging my idea for "a limit on the number of people that can spawn at any one base at any given time", I was not realizing that there was ALREADY a limit on that by the simple fact that you have to respawn at your foothold/etc and then take transport to your final destination.

Last edited by Stardouser; 2012-03-27 at 05:35 PM.