Thread: News: Engineer Comm Link
View Single Post
Old 2012-03-28, 03:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #70
kaffis
Contributor
Major

Re: Engineer Comm Link

Originally Posted by Graywolves View Post
I think beta will be before everything is covered. They need to continue hype during and beyond testing.
Depends on the EULA and/or how long it's in place.

If Sony goes with a transparent beta with a very generous/porous NDA, they don't have to put out media to keep the hype momentum -- the users can and will do that if the beta is good/making progress.

You can have a closed beta without an NDA. In fact, that'd be pretty neat to see.

Given that the alpha client has been used in two public(ish) presentations to date (the one for Sony Employees in December -- not public, but also not on their team, and went off without a hitch -- and GDC, which was live and filmed by press) with great success, that says to me that the team is pretty confident in their client so far.

It'd be neat if they judged that they were confident enough to run a closed beta (in terms of access) with publicly viewable (but posting restricted to beta members) forums. That way, the public outside the beta could witness how receptive and active the devs are in iterating on their design to make things fun.