PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Planetside: Single Player Campaign Story Mode
View Single Post
Old 2012-03-31, 04:07 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
sylphaen
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Planetside: Single Player Campaign Story Mode

Originally Posted by Magpie View Post
Ahh I don't troll dude just was thinking it was a neat ideal to get the story and theme of planetside
Never mind then. It just that sometimes, it feels like you start threads with ideas meant to trigger a lot of controversial responses.

I remember some 1-person training when PS came out but I hardly ever used it. If they are well done, a 1-person campaign could be fun. For empire stories, I still like it most when it is left to our imagination.

For example, if there was NC solo missions were you explicitly plant bombs to kill civilians, I'm not sure a lot of people would still like playing NC. Or missions for the VS where leaders are portrayed explicitly as crazed lunatics would make it harder to feel you are defending a good cause.

In short, imagination allows people to defend what they like about their empire without having to bother with the bad stuff ("that's others, not us !") while it also gives rooms for other empires to criticize them.

More background should simply be done by the Marv Wolfman stories which have abruptly stopped for a long time. Solo missions, well... It's Planetside. Would you really rather do drops with AI bots than actual players ?