PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Swapping out engines in vehicles
View Single Post
Old 2012-04-06, 08:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
BorisBlade
First Lieutenant

Re: Swapping out engines in vehicles

May be old info but only the very hardcore of us caught it the one time the slot aspect was mentioned. They have said customization many times but gettin so specific as to talkin about the slots was only once.

Kinda sad you cant give up armor for speed and its just accel vs top speed or where your extra armor goes. I do hope there are some cross category penalties such as lower speed/accel if you get the added armor (and something meaningful, 5kph which is only 3mph is pointless). If its just us picking whats in teh slot without considering its effects on other aspects of the vehicle, or the option of not getting the slot filled is not good in some other way (lets you move faster because you dont have that weight for example), then its really a very boring system.

Since we only get unlocks and no real specialization/customization/uniqueness with our characters, the only thing to keep stuff interesting is loadouts on your toon and vehicle, so i hope they get it right.
Waiting for the return of the superior, real PS style teamwork oriented vehicles with drivers not gunning, and in fixed vehicle slots so we can once again have real, epic, vehicle battles where the tanks actually move in combat rather than a silly 1700's era line up and shoot.